General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

96 Blazer Water Noise Coming From Dash

Old 08-01-2006, 03:43 PM
picken_grass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96 Blazer Water Noise Coming From Dash

I have a 96 blazer that has a gushing water sound coming from down around heater core area when I accelerate. Any ideas to what this is?

Old 08-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 96 Blazer Water Noise Coming From Dash

Make sure that your cooling system is full of coolant. If there is air in the system, bad things can happen. You want to make sure that you do not have any leaks, and that the system is full. If the coolant is red, use dexcool or any dexcool compatible coolant (I prefer Prestone All Makes All Models Extended Life Antifreeze).

Old 08-01-2006, 04:23 PM
JustBlaze! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi picken_grass,

Have you checked your coolant levels? I've had something similar happen to my older blazer when my heater core went. Coolant was being expeled out of the piping near the core and it pooled up in part of the truck. Whenever I accelerated, it caused the pooled up coolant to slush around. The passenger side floor was relatively dry so I didn't think it was the heater core, but I kept loosing coolant and I thought that it had to be going somewhere. Let us know what you find.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

As they said, check for leaks, and air in the system, try changing the radiator cap also. However, I have the same problem, I have no leaks and no air in the system, checked several times now. I have heard of Dexcool causing a partial blockage in the heater core and causing the bubbling sound, hasn't affected heating performance very bad, just an annoying sound.