General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

back hatch prob!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
mandi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default back hatch prob!!!

Has anyone figured out the mystery to the 2dr hatch? Mine has stopped working again!!! It happened before but I was involved in an accident a few months earlier someone rear ended me and the back hatch (bottom half) was replaced so the insurance company was called and they paid for someone to fix it!! haha didnt realize its a huge problem with the blazers (just like the damn chair back lever) So I know theres a way to fix it with out drilling a hole like posted before. I cant find the "electronic over ride switch" and I use my back hatch ALOT so this issue is making me curse! 98 blazer Mine is a set up to where the glass opens first no other way of getting into the back. Open the glass up first then reach into theblazer and on the back side of the bottom part of the hatch is the handle to open the bottom half.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: back hatch prob!!!

Well... I'm going to allow this thread to go on even though you posted the EXACT same thing in the thread linked to below. The ONLY reason why I feel that I should not delete this thread (due to duplicate post rule in the forum rules) is because I hope that you can get the answer you seek.

For anyone else that doesn't feel like waiting, here's the other thread on this EXACT subject, but the fix requires that you drill a small hole in the rear trim panel:
Faulty Rear Hatch

If I see that your question gets answered in the other thread, this one will be removed.

Now, how long ago did you pay someone to fix your rear hatch? If it wasn't that long ago, why not go back to them?

Anyway, from when Mike (MCas86) stopped by, there is very little chance of opening up the rear glass from up top without drilling the hole The problem is that the rear tailgate has an internal support just behind the trim panel that has limited openings into the different areas. There is about a 5"x6" cutout around where the electronic rear window release is. If you were trying to fish around in there, you probably wouldn't get close. Not to mention that you would have to break the tab off where the upper screw is (at the latch) just to fish around.

I should have the pictures around here somewhere from our disassembly of Mike's 2dr Blazer, but I'm going to post them over in the other thread.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
4x4blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: back hatch prob!!!

do you here the motor working? or does nothing happen at all?