General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

big bad problem!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:26 PM
jackfrond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default big bad problem!!!!!!!

well, i revved the engine to the max and now theres a horrible noise coming from under the engine!!!! i cant go over 35 mph and i dont know what i did!!!! can any one help?!?! it sounds like a bearing might have shredded and the engine cuts off if the revs drop to low...i was missing on one cylinder before but what now?!?!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Default RE: big bad problem!!!!!!!

please!!! someone help!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Is it knockin'?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Spun a bearing (crank or rod)

Your truck has a low oil pressure cut off. It is dying at lower rpm because without the bearing in there, it is loosing it's MUCH needed oil pressure through the excessive gap where the bearing should be.

If you continue to drive the vehicle, your entire motor could be ruined. As it is now, your crank is probably gone and possibly a rod as well. At the very least you're lookin' at having the crank ground down and oversized bearings installed, but that is VERY hopeful. If you ran it beyond the time it takes to kill the motor after hearing the bad noises, the damage only gets worse and spreads.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:57 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

If that's the case, Kyle sez your on borrowed time. Don't plan on a trip until it's looked at.

If you drop the oil pan and remove the rod caps, you may see damage. Such as blueing/bluing (I dunno how to spell), on the crank.

Be sure to torque them up correctly if you decide to do this yourself.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Um...can I ask why you would "rev it to the max" if you were already missing on one cylinder? I mean wouldn't you want to baby the hell out of it until you had the chance to get just that looked at? I do wish you luck on the repairs and hope the damage isnt too extensive.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:26 PM

sorry for trashing a perfectly goods blazer guys...in response to dory, it was one of those stupid guy moments, where you think you can defy the laws of phyisics, and get away with it. and yeah i drove it 8 miles to a friend house at 35 mph, in the process it died probably 10 times...

so does anyone need 93 blazer parts? everything is in great condition ecept for the engine, which bty was vortec 4.3 so accesorys and belt dricen parts should be useable...haha just joking, its probably gonna sit in my dads yard for the next 5 yearsat which point i'll give it away...wait i just bought a grill guard and rough country add-a-leafs that i need to get rid of...brand new parts there...

not to be disloyal but is there any older pick up trucks(chevy, ford, dodge, toyota, jeep) the you guys would consider to replace this?

Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

If you were closer, I would definitely want some parts off of 'er. Too bad you blew the engine....live and learn.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live and how much for the parts?
I have a '93 project truck at the moment. But I might be interested in some stuff off yours.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
magtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Location Details (City, State) annapolis MD