General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

blazer woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:25 PM
robert8868 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default blazer woes

Hi I'm New here and I'm not sure if i'm doing this right but I'm having a problem with my 94 chevy blazer s10 tahoe its got a 4.3 vortex v6 i have just about replaced everything in the engine new fuel pump ,fuel filter, spider assembly, distubtor, top mount cap, rotor,wires,plugs dist.to coil pink and white wire, I finially got it running but it only run till it heats up then it gets a real loud sucking sound from the throttle body throat rumbles for a few seconds and dies it will start right back up but runs for a few minutes and dies again i have had the distubtor out made sure it was at topdead center with the num.1 sparkplug out and did it that way made sure the rotor was pointing between 1 and 6 seated the dist. and made sure it was on tdc on the dampner I have never had a vihic. ever do this to me so I am at a loss to know what to do next my friend told me about here so I thought i'd give u guys a try thank you for any help ROBERT......

Old 08-12-2006, 08:06 PM
black19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer woes

Probably want to try and post this in the General Tech section...welcome to the board though!

Old 08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

hey welcome to the boards....yea u def. wanna post this in general tech. it will get a lot of attention there

Old 08-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME!

I'm going to Move this to General Tech Help for ya.

This goes for everyone. In the future, please refrain from posting if all you can say is where this should be. The mods will catch it sooner or later.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site. It sounds to me like you may have a partially restricted catalytic convertor. You need to have it checked first. It could also have a problem with the ECM, sounds like it is running ok until it goes into closed-loop operation which is when the ECM starts to adjust fuel delivery.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
robert8868 is an unknown quantity at this point

tks for ur help people it was the tps and tks for the warm welcome it also turns out that i have a leak at where the excaust meets the cat. but i know the cat. is brand new as well i forgot i had that done well all tks again its running great now !