General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blowing Fuses!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:48 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Blowing Fuses!

Alright well heres the deal. I use one of the fuses in the inside fusebox to power my interior neons and strobes. Well Its on the cigarette Lights fuse and I went to plug in my navigation and It blew the fuse. I was like oh great. So i unplug the navi and open it up and pull the neon power wire off of it and put a new fuse in, Go back start the truck and plug the navi in and well it blows yet again! Well I replaced it one more time and plugged in my radar detector to see if for some reason it might be different. Well I'll be damned it blew again! The neon and strobe power wires are NOT plugged into the fuse and it still blows! Anyone know what could be the problem?

Old 06-20-2006, 05:18 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Blowing Fuses!

ORIGINAL: XBlazer01

Alright well heres the deal. I use one of the fuses in the inside fusebox to power my interior neons and strobes. Well Its on the cigarette Lights fuse and I went to plug in my navigation and It blew the fuse. I was like oh great. So i unplug the navi and open it up and pull the neon power wire off of it and put a new fuse in, Go back start the truck and plug the navi in and well it blows yet again! Well I replaced it one more time and plugged in my radar detector to see if for some reason it might be different. Well I'll be damned it blew again! The neon and strobe power wires are NOT plugged into the fuse and it still blows! Anyone know what could be the problem?
Could be the cigarette lighter housing. Does the fuse blow if you plug in the lighter?
You can buy cigarette lighter housings pretty cheap.
Just a thought.
Good luck.