General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ckeaned the MAF sensor and wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:29 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ckeaned the MAF sensor and wow

I just cleaned the maf sensor and wow what a differences? I have heard lots of people say clean it regularly but haven't and wow what a difference. I am going to make sure to clean that thing once a month or so.[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 02-11-2006, 03:18 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Ckeaned the MAF sensor and wow

If your that happy with the results im cleaning mine tomorrow!! Its never been cleaned since i've had it and who knows before i had it.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:24 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

could you give me a short how-to of how to do this??

Old 02-11-2006, 04:37 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically you buy a can of electric cleaner at AZ or Napa or Struass or Pep and take the air intake tube off where the filter is at. Then you spray the inside with the electric cleaner making sure you clean the bars and little wires on the bars really good. This is what you want to clean click here. The bars and the little wires in that Mass air flow sensor(link).

Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 AM
strongboy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ivannj

Basically you buy a can of electric cleaner at AZ or Napa or Struass or Pep and take the air intake tube off where the filter is at. Then you spray the inside with the electric cleaner making sure you clean the bars and little wires on the bars really good. This is what you want to clean click here. The bars and the little wires in that Mass air flow sensor(link).
This won't hurt it at all? Did you see a big increase?

Old 02-11-2006, 09:58 AM
DaveLance is an unknown quantity at this point

As an FYI, be VERY careful when cleaning the wires. If you break one of them, then you're buying a new MAF. [sm=oopssign.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Tune up, what all d...
MAF problems resol...

Once a month may be alittle excessive with a normal paper filter, once every 3-4 months would be more appropriate. If you have an aftermarket oiled air filter, you should clean it once every 1-2 months, especially after a filter recharge. The first few months after a filter recharge is when the excess oil will be released from the filter and it should be cleaned more frequently. But 2 months after a filter recharge, you could drop back to cleaning it every other month.

When I recharge any of my filters, I use my shop-vac to dry them and then again to remove the excess oil. I used to love the aerosol cans of K&N filter oil, but not they've went to just a squeeze bottle with a rather large nozzle. My next filter charge will be done with an old Goo-Gone bottle (small one) cleaned out very well to dispense the filter oil. This will make it MUCH easier to not waste oil.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point

Were is the MAF on my 95 Blazer

Old 02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that the earlier Vortecs had one... I could be wrong, but I can't find a reference to one on a '95-earlier. I believe it just uses a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor to tell the PCM what is going on in the intake.