General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

e fans

Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
cody32401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e fans

not sure where this should be posted so i put it here

is there any special fans i should be looking for i found one on summit but i have a dual fan sitting in my garage back home i was going to put on my s-10 does it matter what fan i use i know i dont want to keep my motor to cool but i know nothing on the topic of fans except that they spin and kept the motor cool

the fan i am looking at is on summit
FLX-60 is the part number i believe

Old 11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: e fans

I believe that many s-series owners use either a stock fan from a taurus or 3800 powered GM FWD car. I think you can find a few writeups on the net of people using a flex-a-lite fan and their control unit.

I also know that one of the more recent builds on the Spike TV show 'Trucks!' was of a late model S10 which they swapped in a small block. They used dual 12" pusher fans on the front of the A/C condenser to cool it. Looked like a slick install, but of course they didn't cover the wiring or control unit.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
cody32401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: e fans

cool thanks for the info