General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Headlights suck. . .NO MORE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:12 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Headlights suck. . .NO MORE!!!

So, I tried this quad beam headlight thing.... doesn't work right... wired it up exactly like shown in the diagram and the light all four are on in the low and high settings... just when the low beams are on the high beams are really really dim.... another problem, the right side barely works at all.... so .... to solve this problem I remover all of the T-clamps and the complete quad beam relay setup.... covered the bare spots in the wires and put the light back in the same way the truck came stock..... the headlights are still doing it.... without the relay or extra wiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the right side barely shines at all and my drivers side parking light is out!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY HEADLIGHTS!??????

Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Headlights suck. . .

Please include the diagram you speak of...

Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

yea there isn't too much science to the relay kit, but I wouldn't attempt anything like that; one mistake and poof a lifelong problem. Anyways I bought mine at autozone, they didn't stock it but ordered it in for me for like 44 bucks I think. Styling concepts is usually high, try summit or again your local autozone.
not to add salt to your wound, but it sounds like you should have taken that advise. I'll check the factory diagram tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:12 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

The thing is.... the factory wiring is completely in tact... there was just a spot where the insulation was stripped, but I have fixed that. . . I can't figure out why this is happening.. I mean maybe if some wires were crossed or something, but they aren't.... Factory wiring is still completely stock and in tact.... Maybe it could be a torched stock headlight relay? I mean they can fry and cause stuff like this to happen...... the question is which relay and where. . . . . I'm almost positive I have a burnt relay that is causing something to stick in the "on" position. . . and suggestions??

BTW... I didn't make my own kit... I used the mrtaillight.com kit. . . . which wires the same as the autozone and painlessperformance kit.... this is why im sooo incredibly confused. .

Old 11-12-2006, 04:11 AM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess if nobody on here can help you can always try asking mrtaillight, there install is quite similar to what I have in the painless but I haven't had any of the problems your having.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:19 PM

So i began troubleshooting my problem this morning..... I noticed if I unplugged my passenger headlight the drivers side would work as it should.... so I traced wiring diagrams and got into my fuse relay box under the hood.... sure enough.... the fuse for my passenger side headlight assembly was blow... replaced the 15amp fuse and they work like new now.... just like they worked before. . .I thought the light just wouldn't work if the fuse was blown but apparently that fuse being blown screws with the whole shindig...... but it's fixed now.... who woulda thought a problem that big all because of a tiny 15 amp fuse.. haha

Now it's time to flush my heater core....