General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do ya...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default How do ya...

Get the darn truck in Auto or 4wd high?? hahaha! I never had a truck, so this is all new to me, do i have to be in neutral, drive, foot on brake, what? I hit Auto 4WD and it blinks and then returns to 2WD. Not a damn clue! HELP!

Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: How do ya...

Forgot to mention I've had it in 4wd once "on the fly" but not sitting still.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like the dreaded controller problem... Will it go into 4lo? When attempting to go to 4lo, you should be stopped and in N on the gear shift lever.

*EDIT* - you don't have to be stopped when switching between hi range options (2hi to 4hi or vise versa). Speeds in excess of 45mph are frowned upon for switching into or out of 4hi, but anything in between should be fine. Hopefully it was just the positioning of the drivetrain that caused it to fault out and return back to 2hi. Try it again while moving a bit and see if it works.

Old 05-07-2006, 04:49 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

4low rocks!!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator

UGH! I cant get it into anything except 2wd!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

I've tried sitting still, moving, neutral, reverse, brakes on and off... nothing. I'm going to have to get it looked at. [>:][>:]

Old 05-08-2006, 11:18 AM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sux, hopefully its something cheap.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Retired Super Moderator

oh yeah... keep your fingers crossed!!! [&:]

Old 11-24-2006, 01:41 PM
BRODIE is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT EVER HAPPENED WITH YOUR SITUATION BECAUSE IM IN THE SAME ONE! PLEASE BE CHEAP! PLEASE BE CHEAP!