General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Let in GO

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
DavidBoone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let in GO

My 97 blazer has developed a grinding noise in the front right wheel area. The sound speeds up as I slow down and finally stops as I get to around 5 mph.[:'(]. It only happens though when I am going under 35 mph and only when I drive it the first couple miles of a trip. This seems to be a common problem from what I have read on the forum. Only have 75000 miles on it so I don't know. I am going to drive it like this because when i engage the 4x4 as soon as I start the engine it seems to stop it from occuring. I am going to see how tough the blazer is and just ride it out as long as it really aint hurtin nothing. If anyone has had this problem fixed for them please enlighten me on the cost.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Let in GO

well, it sounds like a bearing, maybe. I wouldn't just 'ride it out' that could be hazardous to you, and others on the road.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope your not driving around in 4wdr. That will cost a bunch o money to fix when it breaks.

Take your truck to an alignment center and get a free estimate. If you want, we can walk you throught the repairs.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:35 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I know this is an old post and I don't know if you found or fixed the problem. It just occurred to me that I have come across this problem in the past. (distant past) As I recall the problem was the inside end of the right front axle was rubbing against the pinion shaft in the front differential. (took a long time to find) I still don't know why excactly. I resolved the problem by grinding about 1/16" or 1/8" off the inner (splined) end of the right front axle shaft.
Let me know what you found (if you did anything at all)