Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

let it snow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 02:58 PM
alpinejimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default let it snow!

Well the snow is finally here, got a good 5-6 inchs last night. this winter being my first with my Jimmy leaves lots to anticipate. could barely get moving in 2 hi, switched over to 4 hi and she stuck like a bitch! cant wait for a good snow storm now. does it matter whether your on or off the throttle when switching between 2 and 4 hi? coulda swore i heard a "clunk" when i switched to 4 hi, but it coulda been a bump.
the first accident i'll be in will be with a parked car, i love fish-tailin'.

anyone else experiencing the beautiful white stuff? (i love winter)

Old 12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: let it snow!

Just finished shovelling not 10 minutes ago. Here we're supposed to get 6 days straight of snow. Sweet.

Tomorrow and Friday wer'e supposed to to get a foot of snow combined, then 4 more days of snow after that. I'm excited.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

snow sucks. I couldnt even make it out of my driveway yesterday and last night I couldnt go up any hill in town. After about 10 min trying this one hill I finnaly backed up and just mashed it and walked my truck up the hill sideways.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

That's what happens when yours drags on the ground instead of standing tall

Old 12-14-2005, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I also love th snow. We had about 5" on the ground. Today its 33 and raining. Going to be interesting driving home tonight when the sun goes down. I live in the ice belt. They predict rain/snow and we get ice.

That clunk noise was your t-case shifting gears, I suggest you take your foot off the trottle temporarily while shifting on the fly from 2hi to 4hi.

Yes, fishtailing is fun. I do it every chance I get, and I am 42.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Administrator

I fishtailed out of my girlfriend's office today...good times. I also slid into my parking spot when I got there. I think the guy beside me thought I was for sure going to blast right into the side of him.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:55 PM
alpinejimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

2wd is nice, but not when you live in saskatchewan. I still need lots of practice fish-tailin'
tried one in the last turn before i get home and accidentaly did a full 360, glad no1 was around
but the 4wd is great. pulled up to some punk after work in a cavalier. he was driving with his arm blocking his vision like all teens do, he knew i wanted his lane, so when the light turned green i hopped on it with no tire spinnage at all and blew his doors off. ha! love my jimmy.