General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

modification question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 PM
prototype80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default modification question

i was wondering if the front seats from a 95 and up blazer would be a direct bolt in to a 89 blazer, i also would like to find the power seats so that i could figure out a way to wire those in also. the seats in the truck right now are a sore sight to look at and i want maybe to get some dark gray leather in there to work with it a little. thanks for your time

Old 07-12-2006, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: modification question

Thats a good question. Sorry I don't have an answer, but I would be interested in hearing the answer as well.

Basically it boils down to will the seats from a new body style fit into an old body style truck. My gut reaction is yes, adn here is why. GM is natorious for parts interchangeablility. In other words, use the same parts in all sorts of applications. Saves costs, lots of costs.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:12 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I think that's a great idea. I don't know the answer either but if I can find some time , I might do it myself on my '85.
I think all you have to do is take a tape measure and check where your existing seat bolts are, then measure the replacement bolt pattern. I would try to get the wiring harness for the new seat with the power seat switch. I would probably locate a power source, either at the fuse box or right off the battery and run it to a circuit breaker, then to the power seat switch and run the wiring under the carpet. If the mounting bolt pattern isn't the same, I'd measure it out on my floor, check under the truck that it's all clear and drill new holes. Plug up the old holes and bolt in the new seat. Might have to use washers as spacers to ensure the seat is level.
If I do this modification, I'll take pictures and post it, but I don't think I'm gonna have time for that for a while.
If you do it, keep us posted.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

I will measure for you later today. I have an 87 and an 97.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM
prototype80 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bro, i appreciate it. i have to go to a junk yard when i get home from this war to get a tailgate for it anyhow, so might as well see if they have some seats while i am at it eh.

it would be intersting to install one of those overhead temperature guages also...i am going to speak to a friend about this, i am sure it could be molded in somehwere