General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

motor has no power

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:10 AM
khalid_20879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default motor has no power

95 s10 blazer (4.3L vortec)
Just had new fuel injector assembly put in along with new spark plugs and wires and fuel filter last week. that's what the shop told me I needed, but when I pick up the truck I could not even get it home I had no power and they were closing as I got there, so I had to try to make it home I did after it stalled about 4 times ,I mean I could not drive it more then 25 miles an hour . When I called them the next day, they said that my catalytic converter was clogged, so I had that replaced!(that was not it) I still have no power can't even drive the thing down the street!! ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IT COULD BE?? could it be egr value etc

P.S. this was the poblem when I took it in, In the first place

Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: motor has no power

If they didn't replace the "nut kit" (fuel lines internal to the intake), then it is quite possible that it is still leaking fuel in the intake manifold. A fuel pressure test could be done to verify, or just pull off the upper intake plenum and pressurize the fuel system, inspecting for leaks. My guess would be that they didn't replace the nut kit and have leaks as a result.

Have you had trouble with this shop before? They should not have allowed you to pick up the vehicle if the problem was not fixed. I have a very big problem with shops that just go shooting from the hip with vehicle repairs, replacing anything/everything under the hood in an uneducated quest to fix your problem.

Heck, I'd pull off the plenum and see if they actually replace the CPI unit underneith or just stuck you with the $300 (or whatever) charge for the work done. If the CPI unit is coated with grime, they didn't touch it. If they didn't replace it, but charged you for it (look at your reciept), I would contact the BBB (better business bureau) and your local district attorney (or a lawyer) and pursue legal action.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: motor has no power

Whens the last time the fuel filter was replaced?