General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Motor or Tranny problem, as well as an electrical 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:38 AM
myWIFEStruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motor or Tranny problem, as well as an electrical 1

2002 Trailblazer LTZ Loaded to the grill
nocustomization yet wife trying to decide what she wants to do to it.

Not sure which is the problem. I just recently bought the vehicle used, and just after the warranty ran out Ithe problems began. When i start the truck it over revs and stays that way. Im not talkin like just 1000 to much. it goes up to 6500 sometimes. Then i put it in gear it wouldnt stop until i got into second. now it wont stop until i get in to 3rd or 4th. it dosnt happen all the time. usually after my wife gets off work. The really wierd part is that there is no slaming into the next gear. The motor is also really loud. No not just from the high rpms, its more like a large fan blowing a lot of air. Like the size of the 1 on my peterbuilt. Like i said there is no slipage when it shifts gears nor is there a noticable slamming into gear. i am dumbfounded. Talked to the dealer and obviously denies knowing ne thing.

The electrical is a little more simpler it is the passenger window. Wont role up sometimes. just randomly decides not to work. works most of the time and the elec motor sounds fine. when it wont work it sounds like it is not getting enuff power. Im thinkng and hoping that it is just a loose connection, and i got a multimeter but i was wondering if ne 1 here has taken off there door panels and if it it a huge hassel.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:40 AM
myWIFEStruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Motor or Tranny problem, as well as an electrical 1

sorry forgot to say its a 4.8l V8 4x4
With the engine problem there is a very noticable power loss as well.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Motor or Tranny problem, as well as an electrical 1

Door panels shouldn't be that big of a problem. I can try to find a schematic of the window electrical system for you.

The high idle sounds to me like something is wrong with the IAC valve or your electronic throttle (I think they have an electronic throttle...). I would start by pulling off the throttle body and giving it a VERY good cleaning, removing all of the sensors and cleaning anything with carbon buildup on it.

As far as the fan goes, I don't know if they still have a mechanical fan or an electronic one. If it's mechanical, then it is quite possible that your fan clutch is shot which will keep the fan engaged all of the time, not just when hot. A mechanical fan clutch is disengaged when cold and engages when hot. If you cannot somewhat freely spin the fan when the engine is cold, then it's shot. If you have electric fans, then something may be wrong with a temp sensor that is giving the PCM some bad information. Also, with electric fans, the fans will run on HIGH any time the A/C compressor is engaged and this is normal operation.