General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New ride help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:47 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New ride help

[8D] First off I an new to these foroms

What I am dealing with is:

1995 Blazer 4 door
4.3 lt. Vor
Auto

My issues are these:

Power seats dont work
heater control dont work (wont switch from cold to hot. seems that its stuck on default cold)
Power locks (will unlock but not lock. Dont even feel any clicks when you try to lock the doors)
daytime running lights (the headlights dont come on at all unless you use the main switch)
ABS light is on
Air bag light is on
trany fluid color is almost white (it tinted red kind of. seems more milky)
Rough idel (almost feels like the torque converter is locked and trying to move the truck. but this might be more to deal with the fluid)

Everything else seems to work fine. Lights / radio / blower fan / AC / over head lights / map light / dash lights / signals / tail lights / Haz / power windows / power hatch release
And no SES light at all

Old 10-28-2006, 07:21 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New ride help

If the transmission fluid is white then you have coolant mixing into the fluid, probably in the radiator (trans cooler).

If the door locks only work one direction then you may need to replace the switch.

With electrical issues start with the fuses related to what is not working first then move on to other things like connectors and wires.

If your headlights only work in manual then check to see if someone disabled the auto-headlight feature, search for how-to's and check these areas for wires.

With the ABS light on you might need to check the wireing at the wheel sensor and to check if the sensors are clean of excess rust/dirt, to much rust/dirt will cause the light to come on.

With the Airbag light on also there might be a ground issue with the B(ody)C(ontrol)M(odule), this controls most of the safety features and accessories that come with the truck...might be why the headlights don't work on auto either...

Rough idle can be most any thing including a vacuum leak. There are some known issues with the fuel pressure regulator and leaking fuel from the spider. But since you don't mention the smell of fuel this might not be it. If it is electrical then you might have a harder time hunting it down. Electrical causes could be as simple as a plug wire, coil, Ignition Control Module, Distributor Cap/Rotor, all the way to a loose wire in the ignition system.

Good luck hope this gives you a direction to start in...

Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 PM

I drained all the collent out, seeing as it was that orange stuff and in really rough condition, it was hard to tell if there was any trany fluid in the collent. I have cheked for oil like spots floating on top of the drained collent, but nothing so far. Going to by pass the radiator and input a stand alone trany coller. I thought milky trany fluid might had been water had gotten in there. Guess when I do the filter, I better try to get as much of the old stuff out of the torque converter that I can. Really don't want to have to pull the trany/transfercase out if I don't need too.

as far as the fuses, already checked them all. They all show to be fine.

The master control switch maybe bad, I have to test it with an meter to see if its even sending out anything. Just thought it was odd that even the electronic controls for the seats dont work either. Thought they might be linked somehow.

Going to check all the grounds (clean up and replace if needed).

This has the distrib-less system, so no cap and/or rotor to deal with. There are two tags under the hood for Recall repairs. Going to have to pull those numbers up to see what was fixed already. But I did find under searching there are several new recalls out for this year (posted as of late 06 with optional notifaction of owners (and only the orginal owner not a transfered owner) so everyone should recheck with your local dealer)

Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you got Distributor-less Ignition then it is not from the factory, or the engine is not a 4.3L V6, that option is only available on the 2007 Yukon/Suburban/Silverado with the 4.3L base engine option...

And that maybe where to start looking for problems. That could take some time, effort and knowledge of the DIS that is installed. It might have a controller for the coil packs that is causing a problem with a ground that is affecting the BCM.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:24 PM

Well then I will have to search the engine for some numbers then, due to it does have the distriburtor-less system. And it is the 4.3 lt Vortech motor.

Currently I am hunting down some parts for it locally due to I want to fix this up.

One of the things I would like to do, is convert the plastic covers (front and rear) to metal bumpers. Call me old fassion, but I feel safer with metal bumbers over plastic covers.

Also looking for a larger radiator due to the trany coller in mine is cracked. No sense in replacing it with a small factory one.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:42 PM

In searching the recalls and TBS area

Found that the seat might be a short in the wire (so going to check the seat frame later for this)

The rough idel might have to deal with the PCM

as for the heater, locks, and ect.. issues still searching.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Default UPDATE

Hit the local dealership with the VIN and dealer code from the truck:

Vin code W for the 4.3 lt Vortech w/ coil pack (not distributor) Dealership checked its the orginal engine for this Truck.

recalls/special policy done:

V0358 Instal new Vacum switch, wire harnes (88880029 switch kit)
T5535 VCM Reprogram
99046 High/low/High ABS Brake Anomaly
98043 Windshield Wiper Motor Fails

The trany fluid is as I thought, the Dexcool would not change the color of the trany fluid as the color its showing on dipstick.
Chevy Tech agreed that water is getting in there, but not threw the radiator as was suggested earilier in this thread.
So a full inspection of the trany is next (I'll have to drop it to do this due to not enough room to get a good view of above,
this will also let me know if this is just due to it might had been in a flood. CarFax shows no history of it being under water)

Seat issue (and other electrical like door locks) verified my thoughts due to a wire short either in a door or within the harness.

Heat issue: control valve might not be working right or the switch might be faulty. (already checked heater core and lines to and from it)