General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem with 92 blazer, barely runs

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Alex01tib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with 92 blazer, barely runs

Ok im working on a 92 s-10 blazer, 4.3 non vortech 4X4.

When i first started working on the car it had a problem where if it was sitting for a couple days it would start up fine, and run for about 10-15 minutes like nothing was wrong (idleing). Then it would start bogging out and dying, then stalls. You try to start it up, and it would just crank.

So i replaced the spark plugs and wires, put some fuel system cleaner, and fixed the leaky fuel line. And started it up, seemed to run better but i test drove it to see if it did. It was doing the same as before...When you hit the gas in drive it bogs, and slowly responds, takes forever to get up to 30 or so. I figured it was the TPS or the MAP sensor, happened to have some spare GM map sensors and i picked up a TPS and threw it in tonight.

Tried to start the car and the car ran like crap, took forever to turn over and only started if i gave it throttle, and even after it started it sounded like it was running on 2-3 cylinders. Wont idle, if you let off the gas it goes to 500 or so, and after a few revolutions it dies a horrible death.

I got SES #22 for the TPS, i check the TPS and it seems advance gave me a ****ty TPS, because this tps's rotating part is set to rotate in the opposite direction as the throttle opens, so i throw the stock TPS back in and reset the ECU (via battery) and the SES is gone but the car runs the same crappy way, takes 3-4 attempts while pumping the gas to catch, and when it does it barely runs. If you hold the throttle open enough to bring the engine speed up to 2-3 grand you can get it to hold steady, and it doesnt sound QUITE as bad as it does at idle, but still not great.

Help is greatly apreciated!

~EDIT~ Oh i suppose i should mention that i did check all the harnesses and i didnt accidentally leave any unplugged, and i didnt change anything else from when it was running "better" to how its running now...

Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Alex01tib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Problem with 92 blazer, barely runs

Bump?Really need help here guys