General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

rear hatch

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
rryker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear hatch

I have a 95 Chevy Blazer which the rear hatch doesn't open. I can hear a noise when I press the button, but it doesn't open.

Does any one have a solution.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: rear hatch

So I take this to mean that your rear hatch is not unlocking, so you cannot open it. Is that correct? Or are you having problems with the glass section?

Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM

It is not unlocking.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

pull the inside panel carefully as not to crack it then open it manually and make the necessary repairs

Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 AM

what side do you stick the screwdriver down to pop it open? How far down do you go?

I really need some one to help me.

it has been almost a year since it quit working and I don't have the money to have a dealer fix it.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM

what area r u in i'm in memphis, MO. or call 1-660-465-7118

Old 04-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll see if I can't snap some pictures of the inside of my rear liftgate for you when I get home. I will also see if it is possible to get the trim panel off without the gate open (kinda doubt it).

Can you open the glass?

Old 04-29-2006, 12:48 PM

I am in the back of the blazer trying to get the hatch to pop open.
How do I do it with a screwdriver. I don't want to tear up the carpet trying to get it opened.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:18 PM

ok i was mistaken on opening back end. does your back panel wrap around the hatch? i have a 2000 and it does so popping the panel off is out. can you send me a pic of your whole panel and a close up of the latch area?
mtncrsr@yahoo.com

scotty
PS: to do mine i would drill a hole near lthe latch and then use a crome plug (from the hardware store ao auto parts store) to fill it. also ineed to know if you open the glass is there a small gap at the top of the bottom tailgate there is in mine. i will dig out my safe light and see if there is a easer way. i will get back to you later day.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:21 PM

do not drill a hole untill i investigate further and get back 2 u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: rear hatch