General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

RPO

Old 04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
tbirr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPO

Someone posted a web site that you could enter your RPO options, from the sticker in the glove box, and it would define the codes. Can someone please direct me to that site?? Would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: RPO

I will use search. I will use search. I will use search.
I will use search. I will use search. I will use search.

Now you try it... About 1000 times... LOL

Anyway, here's one thread:
https://blazerforum.com/m_11751/tm.htm

*EDIT* - Google is also your friend... "GM RPO Codes"
http://www.wiu.edu/users/muwtj1/rpocodes.htm
^^^master RPO listing for all modern GM vehicles^^^

Old 04-18-2006, 03:32 PM

So what you're saying in the nutshell is.....use the search function??

I'm at my whiteboard writing it out 1000 times...I'm a little thick so it may take 2000 times but I will try to remember. I'll never be a "super" member this way.

Thanks for the info...

Old 04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... I was just kidding!

Old 04-18-2006, 03:45 PM

I know...but you're absolutely right..

Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Now once you find out what the codes mean, you can still ask questions about them.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:38 PM

I'm dangerous now. Got all the RPO's defined (even if I'm not sure exactly what they all mean). The highlight was a limited slip diff. The RPO that concerns me is ZW7 "Premium smooth ride" My read on this is a slightly spongy ride. Is there a more performance oriented RPO code that I could update to?

Old 04-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Here's a little information I dug up:
From my 1999 Jimmy brouchure. In 99 Jimmy 4 doors were offered with 3 different suspension packages. The smooth ride(ZQ1) was standard on the SL and had 32mm shocks with 205/75R15 tires. The Luxury Ride(ZW7) was standard on the SLE and SLT and included 46mm Bilstein/46/36 DeCarbon(thats the way its writen in the brouchure) shocks with 235/70R 15 tires. The Euro Ride(Z85) was available for the SL,SLE and SLT, with the same specs as the Luxury Ride. The difference between suspensions appears to be shock valving but I'm not sure. This would most likely be the same for Blazers.
I believe it only has to do with the shock valving. My Bravada has the ZW7 - Premium Smooth Ride suspension as well. I do not believe that it has anything to do with the springs (but that can be checked through GMPartsDirect.com). Just looked on GMPD.com and there is only one spring and one torsion bar (granted L & R of the torsion bar) for the s-series Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. On my Bravada, I have the Monroe Reflex shocks up front (nice and firm) and the Sensatrak w/ Load Assist (coil over) in the rear. The rear shocks add 250lbs of carrying capacity to the rear (much needed for me)

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

On my Bravada, I have the Monroe Reflex shocks up front (nice and firm) and the Sensatrak w/ Load Assist (coil over) in the rear. The rear shocks add 250lbs of carrying capacity to the rear (much needed for me)
You saying you have a big butt?

My '00 has the Touring suspension. I think, its been a couple of years since I lookd at teh codes on it. I think your right about the shocks being the only difference. I have the Bilstiens on mine.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Administrator

I had bilstiens on mine too before I replaced them, but IIRC, there were atleast 2 different body diameters for the shocks.

No, don't have a big butt, just alot of tools. When I load up, my boxes go in front of the rear seats, but my jack and stands have to go in the back. It's all a bit taxing on the stock suspension without the additional lift. I have also been considering an add-a-leaf overload spring that only contacts after a certain amount of suspension droop for those really overloaded trips.