General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

steering column

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 PM
tammikm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default steering column

anyone here have a problem with a loose steering column? it sure sounds like thats what it is anyways, I can hear it or something shaking bad when I go over big bumps like train tracks, took it to the dealer and they cant find anything wrong what else could it be?

thanks

Old 08-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: steering column

Could be any number of things. I would recommend taking it to an alignment shop and asking them to do a free estimate. Tell them what you feel/hear and see what they come up with. You are under no obligation to get it fixed there, but they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:26 PM
tammikm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: steering column

I lifted the hood and grabbed the steering column when engine was cool of coarse, and the column does move slightly up and down and makes the noise that I hear while on the road going over some large bumps... can someone else check there blazer and see if there is play in the steering column, just becareful it is right next to the manifold so di it when its cool. trying to figure out if this is normal, mine has a bit of play and makes a clunk sound when moved up and down.

thanks