General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Time to get my hands dirty

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 AM
ken erestu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to get my hands dirty

Okay,
Here goes. I have this weekend to get all my pre-winter maintenance done.

This will include the following:

-clean the EGR valve (I have read all the posts on cleaning the EGR valve and look forward to it.)
-change out the fluids in the front & rear differentials (Any rec's here?)
-lube the chassis
-replace the spark plugs

In a previous post, I indicated that I had used Bosch platinums. I am not too impressed with them so, I am replacing them with
AC Delco Rapidfire #1 plugs. Here's the question, the factory specs call for a .035 gap, but the plugs indicate a gap of .045!! What gives? Which should I use?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Time to get my hands dirty

Use A/C Delco plugs for sure, (I'm not familiar with Rapid fires), and use the underhood label as a guide to what plug gap to use.
You might want to check your antifreeze for winter. Don't forget to lube the door locks! Check your wiper blades, they're often over looked. And fill up you're w/washer bottle.
Have a nice weekend.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

HAve fun with all that.

My winter maintenance includes buying a new Blazer

Old 11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

dont forget about wheels, which should include your brakes, tire press and thread. maybe even check front end components(shocks, ball joints) anything that will keep you on the road and not in a snow bank. believe me its not fun . you dont want to find a problem coming down a snow covered hill either.