Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?

My hands/fingernails are usually like this :

My girlfriend of 3 months has been giving me grief about it even though she knows that id give her up before my hobbies anyday lol.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

here are mine in an avg mech workout...

i have tried wearing gloves...i just cant keep them on...i cant feel what i am doing with them on.
yeah yours look pretty good compared to mine on avg day.
i find that avg dish soap and shampoo work best.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Wife doesnt, esp after working on her car.

Girlfriend does...
Bwhahahahahahahaa! Made you do a double-take

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

lol those arent mine.

Ive actually found the only hand cleaner that works. its that orange pumice from autozone. Its gotta be the type that has the sand or w.e it is in it. cleans mine up pretty darn good.

Now my fingernails. meh w.e. If we are going somewhere fancy to meet relatives etc il sit there with a dental pick and scrubbrush till they are clean.

edit. pettyfog...I lol'd.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Wife doesnt, esp after working on her car.

Girlfriend does...
Bwhahahahahahahaa! Made you do a double-take

LOL

any ways i never took a picture of my hands after working on something but i gotta admit Im glad i dont have any 1 complaining =P

any ways i was gonna say whats up with the wedding band chris but then i read the last post lol

also im the same way warthog I cant wear em .....
I only use gloves when playing with the atv in the snow or bringing wood inside the house or feeding the animals in the winter

Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

yea my wife complained for the first few years but not soo much about my hands them selves but the marks on the walls, doors, sink, toilet, im sure you get the point but than she got use to it and only complains now when i leave tools laying around the house.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No complaints from the wife, but I sure complain. Especially during the winter when my skin would crack so bad it would bleed... Cracks on the finger tips are especially painful!

The right rubber glove is worth it's weight in gold! I used to get cracks in my finger tips, knuckles, and on the sides of my fingers from oils/solvents/etc. Picked up a pack of Diamond Grip rubber gloves after we started using them to serve our fish dinners at the fire hall a few years back and have been using them ever since. They're cheap & rather robust. Best part, clean hands when I'm done. Still have to wash my arms/face/etc, but my hands are clean!

For sheetmetal/welding work, I use Honeywell Cut-Resistant gloves when I don't have my welding gloves on.

If you really want to get a rise out of your wife or significant other, leave a lug nut or two in your pockets and see how she reacts when they make their way to the drier!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
No complaints from the wife, but I sure complain. Especially during the winter when my skin would crack so bad it would bleed... Cracks on the finger tips are especially painful!

The right rubber glove is worth it's weight in gold! I used to get cracks in my finger tips, knuckles, and on the sides of my fingers from oils/solvents/etc. Picked up a pack of Diamond Grip rubber gloves after we started using them to serve our fish dinners at the fire hall a few years back and have been using them ever since. They're cheap & rather robust. Best part, clean hands when I'm done. Still have to wash my arms/face/etc, but my hands are clean!

For sheetmetal/welding work, I use Honeywell Cut-Resistant gloves when I don't have my welding gloves on.

If you really want to get a rise out of your wife or significant other, leave a lug nut or two in your pockets and see how she reacts when they make their way to the drier!
bahahahahaha yea i left a stubby wrench and impact socket in my work cloths once that ended up in the drier......talk about being mad when the /washer drier wasnt even a couple weeks old.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I used to have the gross hands when i was in the trade... Then i found doctors gloves. They do tear easier, bit worth it.

I used to use this lotion calles "second skin" and it makes washing up alot easier and cleaner.

It wasnt till i left the trade that i got my "lovin hands" back. I found its the cleaner itself that makes my hands cracked and dry.

Now, when i work on my truck i washup with hair shampoo and a handful of sugar for the grit. Soft as my baboes bums after and no dryness. also cheaper than cleaner.

In answer to your question... No, she doesnt like filthy hamds, and i dont blame her cause i wouldnt want those hands allover my va-jay-jay either.

Edit - sorry for the fat-finger-smartphone speak

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran

LOL.

Sugar eh?

Hmmmmm. imma give that a try.

Quick Reply: Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?