General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire Conversion

Does anyone know a website where i can find out the difference in the odometer and speedometer readings for non-stock tire sizes?

Im hopin to find out about my gas mileage but it wont be correct.
Plus I got a new job where the commute takes me on the interstate and I dont really have the best record with gettin caught speeding. I usually dont have any idea how fast Im going.

I was able to find one of those sites a while back, but i cant seem to find it again.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
flyshychick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tire Conversion

I don't know of website. But i find it easy to just follow a friend and talk to them on the phone you hey i'm doin 50 what are you doin........Thats the way we do it anyway.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you run a search for 'tire calculator' you should come up with a few different sites.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM

I was able to find a site and it said my speedometer will read 10.72% lower than my actual speed. Unfortunately that means doing math. But oh well.

Does this mean that my odometer will also be off by 10.72%? Or will that be something different?

Old 08-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:20 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

here's one: clickety click click

Old 08-12-2006, 01:51 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

My solution is that I carry a hand held GPS unit. I check the speed of all my trucks and my boat with it. It cost me about $250.
Sometimes I use it fo figure out how to get home too!

Old 08-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Starting Member
Aquahallic is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm... seems to me like i remember we used to be able to buy a pinion that'd go into the original hole the speedo went into and then you plug the speedo cable into the other end of the pinion and it'd fix the ratio so your speedo would read correct with different tires.... can we not do that on these blazers???

Old 08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Used to be able to... The newer trans have electronic speed sensors and the PCM does the conversion for the rear end ratio and the tire size.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM

Alright, now that I have all that stuff figured out, how many gallons does my gas tank hold? I know there different sized tanks in different trucks. Mine is a 2001 4 door LS.

Anyone know?

Quick Reply: Tire Conversion