General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Weird Annoying Problem.....

Old 06-02-2006, 01:03 AM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weird Annoying Problem.....

i started my blazer up today (99' 4x4) and put it into reverse, stepped on the gas just reved.... back into park then put it back into reverse.. it catches but when i step on the gas its got nothin to it...no power... i look down and some how it got into 4LO. i put it back into 2HI and start to go but it still feels like theres a loss of power.... i turn it off and go do something with my other car come back to move it and when i start it up its back in 4LO... everytime i start the car up now its in 4LO and it has a loss of power? and ideas? ... no codes....

Old 06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Weird Annoying Problem.....

my best friend is a shop forman for a Chevy dealer, I'll ask him about this later on when he's at work. Hopefully he'll have alittle insight for you... if no one else has answered you yet.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you able to verify that it is out of 4lo? It sounds like something in the t-case is sticking and the t-case is popping into neutral, but close enough so that the encoder in the t-case thinks its in 4lo... Very weird.

My old Ram didn't have the push button 4wd, but I did have the input selector shaft seize up in the t-case on me and it was stuck in neutral for awhile. I finally got it into 2wd so I could atleast use the thing, but ended up pulling the t-case and doing a complete rebuild.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

ok he said sounds like either the encoder motor or something wrong with the 4wd module... he asked if it "slams into gear" when you change gears?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

first thanks for the replies i apprecciate them.....im not sure to tell you the truth if it slams into gear...im in florida and my truck is in ny at my buddies house..hes lookin after it for me ...im going by what hes tellin me... so i will ask him tonight and get back to you...thanks

swartlkk- again i dunno .. from what i gettin it doesnt sound like its comin out of 4lo but i will ask