General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
chianesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is this?

Might seem a silly question to some of you, but what is this I have circled in yellow in the picture.. Reason I ask is that there is a red wire about 12 - 14 guage with a loop connector on it that isnt connected to anything, but is about 3 inches away from this terminal.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1730/C005F8D6815F4AEBB54A9B056637DBF1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What is this?

I believe that is a 12v bus bar. All of those lugs should be +12v hot. Do you have the tow package (factory installed hitch)? If you do, then there is a wire harness that is pre-wired for an electronic brake controller and that wire is the main power wire for the trailer brakes.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What is this?

Was there ever a plow or winch on the Blazer?