General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

who would have quessed????

Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default who would have quessed????

so earlier i posted a question about why my tranny slipped when i made a left turn. i think i stumped everyone. well if anyone else comes across this problem, i might have the answer. turns out my left front caliper was locking my pads on the rotor, worn piston bore or something, so after new pads rotors and calipers, no more slipping. i figure the locked pads were causing enough drag to affect my acceleration and being the left wheel, when i turned into it it must have gotten worse. i figured out my caliper was bad when i heard that annoying grind and found only that one pad worn. craziness but thats my blazer

Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: who would have quessed????

Yes, we can be stumped! Thanks for posting your fix.
I have another thought though. Is it possible that when you turn to the left that you may have been putting a kink in the brake flex hose to the caliper?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

How much did you find the calipers for? same problem in my 92.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx chevylover but with my new shocks, ball joint, pitman arm, and control arm, that side seems to be in all its positions. i think really that it was telling me its time for more work then a fluid and filter change. this is not my first blazer and im kinda used to the torque convertors going before anything else. last time the schmuck said i could upgrade from a 10 bolt to a 12. i said no but is there any truth to that?? plus for detroitmuscle, a king kaliper caliper was 40 bucks which inculded a 15 dollar core.