General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Wiper, radio Question

Old 03-16-2006, 06:53 AM
sting_da_man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wiper, radio Question

I bought a 88 s-10 blazer. the Cd player kept sgorting out, so the other day I went out tried to find the short, I took the fuse out of it, and also checked wiper fuse,among others, Still the radio has a problem, but when I went to use my wipers they didnt work(yes I put the fuse back in). but you can hear the motor running for them, but they dont move, I cant figure out what happened. Then I changed out Cd players to check and see if the player was the problem, it wasn't, and Now I got a cd player not working right, plus the wipers dont work now. Need Major Help! My G/f is scared to drive it now, affarid something else might go on her while driving it!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:59 AM
sting_da_man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wiper, radio Question

another question, what is the Harness under the stearing wheel, mounted to the dash trim to the right side of the stearing wheel? just wondering?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Beginning Member
Johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wiper, radio Question

If you can hear your wiper motor running then it's just a fluke because you removed the fuse. That would have nothing to do with the wipers not working if the motor is running. Look through the cowl grill & see if the rod came off the wiper motor, & that the motor is rotating. If it is then you need to remove the cowl & reattach the rod to the motor assembly. As for your CD player it might not be working. I have a 94 & the CD player doesn't work either & I only get about 3 stations that come in clear on the radio!! I need to buy a new one, so do you!! crap happens As for the harness, are you talking about the connector near the bottom of the steering column? You might be looking at the DLC (diagnostic link connector) that is attached to a harness.