Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

04 Blazer Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If I go with an exhaust, I've already decided on a Flowmaster 50 series. 1baddblazer has one on his truck and it has a nice mellow grumble and isnt loud enough to **** off the neighbours. I've seen a magnaflow system on an S10, he romped on the throttle as I was walking down the sidewalk and the BARK it produced actually made my ears ring as though I had just shot my high powered rifle off. I swore I'd never buy a system that was that ugly sounding, it wasn't even a nice tone after.

Keeping on topic though, I've never heard the Summit Mufflers, but Sisk likes his Cherry Bomb Turbo... He has some videos of his muffler, but it was a little windy the day he took them so the sound isn't the best.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Well after watching videos the turbo mufflers don't have enough tone to them, really only an option if you want a stock like sound but a free flowing exhaust (case in point I put a Thrush Turbo on my work van a 93 Grand Caravan 3.3L and it's barely louder than stock but flows much better). I had Borla Turbo's on my 5.0 Mustang with BBK equal length headers, BBK offroad H-pipe and side exits, it sounded ok when it would drone around 2000rpm but it wasn't very loud or rumble at all which is why I switched to the Aerochambers and it made it a million times better. The 4.3L Vortec is pretty beefy for a V6 so I think a chambered muffler with a stock cat will sound pretty good.

I'll make sure to get pics and vids after it's done.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
I don't have a video, but I had a turbo muffler from summit on my truck and it was plain annoying. I never thought it it would be that bad, but it resonated really bad.
Considering this muffler. Did you run the exhaust all the way out the back? It will have a full exhaust all the way to the rear bumper, possibly dual exits. Not sure if he wants a chambered muffler over a turbo as the turbo doesn't sound so raspy at higher rpm. It will have one 3" turndown under the bumper so it's hidden, 2 turndowns sticking out if it's a dual outlet muffler.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Quin is on a distinguished road

Check out Gibson, that's what I have and love it. Its a full catback system...no modifications needed - just bolts right up.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Starting Member

Ok so we still haven't gotten this done yet but I want to figure out everything to buy first. Are there any premade tailpipe for it made for the Blazer if he uses a dual outlet muffler? Size doesn't matter, they could be 2" tails and that would be fine. I think duals out the back, either straight, 45 or 90 would look good on it. If there aren't then having one tailpipe bent would be eaiser and cheaper, but duals out the back would be cooler so if there are premade tails for it that'd be great.

I'm thinking after the cat, cut off everything so instead of going 3" to 2.25" just go 2.5" all the way out, with 2" to 2.5" tailpipes, or one 2.5" tailpipe if there aren't tailpipes made for it.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

nobody makes a dual system out there-@ least i haven't come across it yet.

and as for making a larger diameter TP for these trucks, you're only gonna find the factory size available.

you're gonna have to work a deal with a local performance exhaust shop, and don't buy your mufflers somewhere else-unless you practically pay nothing for them.

'cause almost every custom exhaust shop i've ever known, has told me you'll get the same deal on the mufflers/cats as a large discount store will sell them for, if you get the whole job done there.

think about it................you go into your local Wendy's for a burger, but ask them to make it with your own burger that you brought.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

Well i'm thinking if the Dynomax catback kit for the 95-99 trucks will fit his 04 then i'll get that and put it on, don't know what changed in 2000 but I bet it could fit with a bit of tweaking if needed.