Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

X2 ^ My buddy drives his '74 Chevy pickup with the cutouts open all the time and rarely gets tagged because it actually has a nice tone to it. Then you see all the hondas with $20 kragen fart-can mufflers on that sound like a swarm of bees and the cops usually attract to them just because of the obnoxious and annoying sound that protrudes from the rear haha.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil
Hey, still new to this. I know the displacement is the same, but aren't the 4.3s from the 1st gens compltely different engines than the 2nd gens? If so then won't those mufflers sound different on the different engines?
The engines are the same and the sound will be the same, also.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

The sound of the cherry bomb sounds great.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I would look for the fart can sound if I were interesting in stopping cars

Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Haha I know that's what I would shoot for if I was a cop.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

I'm actually surprised so many people replied to this and I'm thankful for everyones thought! The magnaflow and borlas sound great, but IMO they are best suited for more of a sporty or lowered vehicle. Alot of Trucks in my area run exhaust so loud you feel it in your chest, so my 4.3 shouldn't make a cop bat an eye. Plus I drive like grandpa on sunday. So the whole flooring it at the stoplight and deafining people thing won't happen with me. I got a radar detector to let me know when to turn my radio down, not when to slow down . If anyone else has an opinion, speak up, I'll consider everything that's posted. I'm gonna try to get my exhaust done this saturday.

PS:Some people mentioned noise pollution laws. IMO the exhaust gets cops too look. Then depending on if your vehicle looks legal or not gets you ticketed. As in too dark of tint, lights out, etc... (just my $0.02)

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-29-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've said it before (when I was looking for an exhaust). You can't really judge the sound quality of exhausts by a youtube video. The sound quality on the majority of youtube videos is crap.
I put the cherry bomb turbo (cheaper version of the extreme) on my truck. I only went with that one since a buddy of mine used to have the turbo (he switched to a flowmaster) on his truck and I had heard what it sounded like.
Anyway, hope you made your decision. FWIW I'm pretty happy with my cherry bomb.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I got a qoute from my shop today. $300 for the pipe, muffler, and catalytic converter installed. I agree about the video quality thing. That's why I couldn't really decide and left it up to the forum to decide. I've never heard a cherry bomb I didn't like. Theres a clip on youtube of CB glasspacks on a 545i BMW that sounds Heavenly IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrgBd-nPfi8

Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
it's not the loudest exhaust that gets you got, it's the douchiest exhaust. if your crap is obnoxious, or ridiculous, you will garner more attention. if loud was all cops sought out, no one could ride a harley more than a few 100 meters without getting snagged up by some a-hole cop.
i actually pull me over in my Dart, 'cause he said my exhaust sounded too loud (2 1/4" primary, 4" exhaust, diesel truck mufflers), but he didn't have a db metter (don't think any off them had one back then. anyways, as he's trying to give me a hard time, a Harley gives it from the curb lane (@ the lights behind us) to get in front of the other gu @ the lights, and when the Hog goes by us, i simply said, "sorry couldn't hear you, can you repeat that?". seriously, have you been beside a Harley when they tromp on it? the cop was pissed (i guess) and just threw my licence, ownership, and insurance slip in my window (onto my lap) and then walked back to his car. i of course waited 'til he drove away before leaving (since he never did say i could go.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Beginning Member
jonnyisback is on a distinguished road

I had a new exhaust put on a few weeks ago and it sounds great to me. Not too loud and not too raspy. I had a magnaflow 5x8x18 muffler put on with a magnaflow spun cat and 2.5 pipe exiting at stock location. If you want a vid ill post one with a few different angles. Everyone told me that any exhaust was going to be too loud and sound like a ricer. Glad they were proved wrong.

Quick Reply: Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?