Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2 Door Dynomax

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Door Dynomax

Im really interested in the Dynomax super-turbo muffler and tailpipe for my 2001 Gmc Jimmy 2 door. The application chart shows it for a 4 door but when i search them out on ebay it says it would fit a 2 door too. If it doesnt fit is there a simple mod I can do to get it to fit? Thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 10:07 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by antman94
Im really interested in the Dynomax super-turbo muffler and tailpipe for my 2001 Gmc Jimmy 2 door. The application chart shows it for a 4 door but when i search them out on ebay it says it would fit a 2 door too. If it doesnt fit is there a simple mod I can do to get it to fit? Thanks
2dr and 4 door exhaust are different. not sure how different.

when I looked for an exhaust for mine, dynomax was the only one who made one for a 2dr(looking locally)... just built my own after crushing my y-pipe...

Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Starting Member

If I bought the muffler seperate and took it to the shop to make and put on the tail pipe how much do you think theyd put me out?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Gibson makes a cat-back system for the 2 door model and imo it is a lot better quality than the Dynomax system. It has a nice sound to it and doesn't drone. The intermediate and tail pipe are 2.5" and the tip is 3". The aluminized system is part #14520 and the stainless system is part #614520. I installed their system on my '01 and was quite happy with it. If you want to go the muffler/tail pipe route it would probably be cheaper to purchase a tail pipe rather than have a shop bend one for you.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Starting Member

Thanks! Unless I can get a good deal at the shop I'll probably just go with the gibson it has a nice deep tone.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Starting Member

Im going to try to price out the dynomax first just because of the price. Would I be ok buying the same muffler that comes in the four door kit and then buying all the little pieces and then get the tail pipe done at the shop? Sorry I never played around with exhausts before..

Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Starting Member

The Walker catalog (the manufacturer of Dynomax) shows a different part number for both the muffler and tail pipe 2dr versus 4dr model. Your best bet would be to crawl under your truck and measure the OE muffler, then find a replacement with those specs. That way you can purchase a tail pipe (cheaper than having a shop bend one) and everything should fit.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Any exhaust will fit if you rig it right

Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Starting Member

does anyone know a link where I cound maybe find a 2 door tailpipe on line because the outlet is 2.5" and im pretty sure the stock is 2.25"

Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Any exhaust will fit if you rig it right
Well sure, you can make pretty much any exhaust fit but if you can buy components that are the same as (or close to) the original size then why hassle with making something fit? If he's going to have a shop do the installation and they have to cut a pipe to shorten it, add piping to lengthen it, or add a reducer it is going to add more money to the cost. If he's a DIYer having to stop in the middle of installation because he has to go buy a piece of pipe or a reducer will just add time, money and frustration to the situation. The right components to start with will make things a lot easier when it comes time to do the job.

Originally Posted by antman94
does anyone know a link where I cound maybe find a 2 door tailpipe on line because the outlet is 2.5" and im pretty sure the stock is 2.25"
I just checked both Walker and AP but neither one listed diameter of the tail pipe. Maybe you could call a couple auto part stores in your area, and if they have an OE replacement pipe in stock they'll measure the diameter of it for you.

Quick Reply: 2 Door Dynomax