Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Differences in flowmaster series mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
new03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Differences in flowmaster series mufflers?

Ok so what are the differences in the flowmaster series mufflers?

Old 11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Differences in flowmaster series mufflers?

they are designed different for different size/types of engines... not to mention each series gives a different tone... this should be helpful....
Flowmaster
If you are just wondering, sound wise then go here...
Sound

Old 11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
new03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for the link, thats exactly what i needed...

has anyone ever heard of putting a super 40 series on a blazer? will it blow up my engine? also what size is the exhause pipe, 2.25?

thanks

Chris

Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

There are a few people here that have it. I have a friend that has it. Won't hurt anything... nice tone, little loud. . . . but no worries... sounds pretty good.

here's a video of a blazer 4.3 with the 40 series...
Video

Old 11-02-2006, 09:43 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I dislike flowmasters, but ive also owned em BEFORE the delta flow crap where they redesigned their whole line. I do know they have to break in to get to the noise you want, but they really dont flow as well as others.

You can get info right from flowmaster on this stuff, they have all the info you need and tells you everything about each individual muffler they sell.

My girls dad has an 03 hemi ram with a 50 series delta flow on it, it whistled like crazy till we put the headers on and got a new cat and reprgrammed the ECU. granted the later had nothing to do with the sound, but dont be caught offguard if it sounds weird till you can break em in.

Also if you want a cheap alternative(yet just as strong and noisy) as flows, check out pro-flos.