Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:22 PM
new03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!

Hey,

Ive got a little bit of a problem. Im wanting to put dual exhaust on my blazer, but i want it to come out on the sides instead of the back. Now i took it to a muffler shop to see how much it would be and he said it isnt possible because the frame is too low ( the truck is at stock height). So i asked him if i could just have them come out the back and he also said no because there is some box under the back bumper that would get in the way. Now what he suggested is to get side pipes that will run under where the door frame is. Has anyone seen this done, or does anyone else have any ideas how i can get this done?

Thanks

ch

btw i have a 2003 ls 2 door.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: HELP!!

he right it cant be done i tried i came out on the stock location on bouth sides or where it would be. and it will hit the leaf springs while off roading or towing a trailer or pretty much anythign that adds weight to the rearend. i would run the out in front of the tires if i hadnt gane back to a single.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea that "box" is your fuel tank. I suggest just getting a nice sounding aftermarket muffler...like the flowmaster 40 series I have on mine...I love the sound it produces. Added a little bit of performance and slightly improved fuel economy...all for $80.00 installed!!

Old 11-02-2006, 12:40 AM
new03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok now for my next question. Under the back bumper on the left side there is a black box with some wires coming out of it.. And i know its not the gas tank.. Can anyone tell me what it is and what its for? And how would a flowmaster 40 series sound. im looking for somehting that sounds loud and deep..

THanks

Chris

Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

O.K. the "little box" is the evaporative emissions charcoal canister...and before you ask....YES you need it. The 40 series is a very throaty-sounding muffler....it's loud enough that my kids complain when I have the back windows down......lol. and I think it Col. SANDERS...your sig.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt like the sound of the 40sereis a buddy of mine had on his blazer idk why it jus didnt sound right so i went the stright pipe route and it sounds great and better profromace and milage