Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Does anybody have this CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough
Default Does anybody have this CAI?

RED CHEVY S10 BLAZER 4.3L V6 ZR2 LS SS LT COLD AIR INTAKE 1996-2005 | eBay

whats really the difference between this and a k&n? I mean a K&N is like $300 and this is $30....

Is it worth it?

Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say yes. Even the knockoffs have down drastically in price. It reuses the stock bonnet. Get a nice dry flow filter and build a heat shield and you're hundreds of dollars ahead of the game!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I think its worth it. You can always throw on an K & N filter in the future

Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the quick replies, will be getting this! Will put pics in the build thread when i get it!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

just so you know all the connectors for the hose are a pain in the a$$ to get together. it took me and my buddy and a propane heater to get the rubber to flex enough to tie the pipe together around the MAF housing. and getting it on the bonnet is a pain as well. but even that said they work pretty good even without a heat shield.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

lmao just checked that link,wtf is that $30-45 intake priced @ $440 buy it now?

i got one of those ebay intakes,works great,but i just got a k&n filter and made a heat sheild,makes a world of difference

Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

i picked up the spectre one for about just over a buck and it came with the heat sheild n all. deff worth the price

Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this on my blazer, was nice easy install, easy to get out
s10 cold air intake 4.3 | eBay

Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Karcinagin
I had this on my blazer, was nice easy install, easy to get out
s10 cold air intake 4.3 | eBay
Yeah I have the same one. Really easy to install. Dont look at the $440 dollar ones, go for the one linked above. Unless ur going K&N.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Beginning Member
nickcates954 is on a distinguished road

I just installed that exact same one from mqt auto, took i think about 20 minutes to take out the stock stuff and have the new one in. only two issues, gotta make a heat shield which will b easy enough and some kind of support, its just kinda hanging there from the bonnet. I plan on using the heat shield as a support as well and kill both birds with one stone. as far as performance increase, i dunno yet, i dont currently have a serpentine belt on my blazer as im trying to figure out where the extremely annoying chirpping is coming from.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have this CAI?