Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual Exhaust on a 2dr Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member
juicy_jay_510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dual Exhaust on a 2dr Blazer?

Im looking to get dual exhaust on my blazer I already have a super 44 Flomaster with turndowns but the interior noise is to loud. I was wondering if anyone has duals on a 2dr. I you do can you post picsfrom under the blazer so i can seehow you ran the pipe threw the driver side.

Thanks

This is how it sounds now
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTBKZguVGMs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTBKZguVGMs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 02-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dual Exhaust on a 2dr Blazer?

I'm not sure what you intend to accomplish with dual exhaust. If it is for performance, you can get equal out of a single, properly sized exhaust system. If it is for sound, well, I have heard true dual exhaust on a 4.3L full
size pickup and it sounded like crap in my opinion. Dueling 3-cylinder engines...[:'(]

Part of your sound problem is probably the use of a turn down under the vehicle. That would be the first thing I would change. You do not have to go out the back, but you should at least have an exit out from under the truck.

If you are dead set on dual exhaust, do it proper with a cross over. One big problem you will run into is the gas tank.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The 2 doors have a little leeway, at least, since they don't have the spare tire under there...

Do single pipe from the front, and get a muffler that's got exhaust outputs on each end, kind of like a T thing.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

well youcant put true duels on a 2 door, witch i been told and if your doing duels on a 2 door i know it is going to look weird like the muffler guy i went to if haveing it going above my leaf springs out the side

Old 04-19-2008, 04:23 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You can put true duals on pretty much anything... It just depends on how much clearance you want...

And 2 doors don't have to worry about the spare tire out back getting in the way.