Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual exhaust on a 4door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Dual exhaust on a 4door blazer

Hey I was wondering exactly needed to be done to put dual exhaust on a 4 dr 4wd Blazer. Also is it worth it for the sound. If anyone has sound clips of their dual exhaust could you post them up? Also is it good for better gas mileage and or performance. I have been looking at this kit on LMC truck catalog but not sure if it will fit a 4dr 4wd blazer, I am probably going to call them tomorrow (its the one at the top of the page part #29-1902). Anybody know if this would be a good kit? Thanks for information in advance.

-Lenny

Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dual exhaust on a 4door blazer

Your best bet would be to call them for application specifics like you said. I don't want to sound condescending, but you know that's still a single exhaust with dual outlets, correct? Also, it does say "Pickup" in the description. Let us know what they say when you call them.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Dual exhaust is possible on the Blazer... but I think you'll have to move your spare tire out from underneath...

It's easier on the pickups, as you can have the mufflers vertical...

Old 07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you would have a very hard time getting a true dual exhuast on a 4x4 because the front prop shaft consumes pretty much the entire area behind the left manifold, and even if you could get around it then you have to deal with the fuel tank on the left side of the 4-doors. A good bender could probably take the left pipe and right pipe down the right side, but then you would have a VERY hard time getting 2 Catalytic converters in it. I have never seen a vertically mounted muffler, but would like to. I would suggest a nice (bigger, less restrictive) Y-pipe and maybe a nice cat-back system. You won't be dissapointed with just adding a good muffler though, Flowmaster or Magnaflow are great!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I hope I got the right meaning of vertical across... lol, instead of the oval part looking like this: - (looking from the back) it's turned so the oval part is up and down...

It can only be done on the S10 and the Sonoma, not on the Blazer/Jimmy... There's not enough room... I saw pics of it in my JTR book, if you'd like, I can scan it and send it to ya

Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 PM

OIC now, I thought you meant vertical like pipe enters the bottom and exits the top...lol...I wouldn't wanna see smoke stacks on a blazer!...lol or an s-10 for that matter, but I'm sure it's been done..I saw them on a freakin' MUSTANG! LMAO!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran

And you didn't take pics? LOL!

Actually, stacks on a stepside might not be too bad... but on anything else, that'd be a no...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 PM

LOL..no I didn't see it in person, saw it online, a mid-ninties mustang with stacks about 2 feet above the trunk lid...good stuff....lol

Old 07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran

Ahhhh well, can't be any worse than the flatdeck Lumina I had planned, lol... It had a dented rear-quater panel anyway...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I know it is not true dual exhaust, that would be very tough and too expensive for me to do. I just saw this and wondered since I am planning on replacing my exhaust sometime this fall. I will probably end up with a flowmaster and highflow cat which will do just as good, but I have seen dual exhaust on 4dr blazers before, just didn't know how hard it would be to do it.

I knew you had to move the spare tire out from underneath, and I had thought about getting a mount setup like the 2drs/zr2's have but haven't looked into that yet. I am just in the stage where I know I will have some money to do stuff to the Blazer, I just have to figure out what it is I am going to do and how its going to get done.

Original: lastcoupe
I wouldn't wanna see smoke stacks on a blazer!...lol or an s-10 for that matter, but I'm sure it's been done..I saw them on a freakin' MUSTANG! LMAO!
Yeah I wouldn't want to see stacks on anything except a semi or a big *** Diesel Pickup. I would believe that someone would put stacks on a mustang. I have seen some crazy vehicles, the best one I can recall is a 2 foot lifted 80's transam; found out it was a truck chasis lifted up a bunch and they put a transam body on it. Big 'ol rust bucket too, painted general lee orange (no confederate flag or 01 on the roof/side).

Thanks for the info, I will post up tomorrow after I find out what LMC says, since that description is very vauge and they have stuff for both pickups, suv's, old, and new in the catolog.

-Lenny

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust on a 4door blazer