Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual Side Exit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
mhollis is on a distinguished road
Default Dual Side Exit?

Before i go through the hassle of finding the shop to bend my pipes, is it possible to run a dual side exit exhaust on a 2dr s-10 blazer? I want to try to get one on each side.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im not sure where the gas tank is on a 2dr, so youll have to crawl underneath and see what obstructions there may be. ive never seen an exhaust like this on a blazer so idk if that means it just cant be done or because some ppl dont care for the look.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:49 PM

The gas tank is in the back were the spare tire should be on most models. But i was just wondering since the frame is so close to the outer edge if it could be done.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

In front of the back tires or behind? I would think it's possible to get around the obstructions but be careful not to have too much of a "valley" in the pipe post cat or when you start her up you'll shoot soot all over you're neighbors..LOL.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member
BIGred4X4 is on a distinguished road

ive got side pipes on my 4dr and they rock its a good in vestment

Old 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Default What do yall think

So i noticed that no one has dual side exit pipes on a blazer and want to know what yall would think if you saw a blazer with these on the side? Keep in mind that it is a two door so it would be rite below the doors.

Attached Thumbnails Dual Side Exit?-l_11b2d9677eb2362034c4b1f8dfc13c89.jpg  
Old 05-23-2009, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm thats a tough call. I'd have to actually see it to judge it lol.
It would depend if you were running a lift or lower, and if it had rims or big tires i think...but again, I'd have to see it to judge it.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:33 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you like them then go for it, but i would never put pipes like that on my blazer or any other vehicle.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it would look cool. With the "perforated" look onna lifted and smooth chrome look onna lowered.

Originally Posted by BIGred4X4
ive got side pipes on my 4dr and they rock its a good in vestment

Gotta get some pics up man!!!!

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-23-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road

If it's a lowered, I guess it would look ok (I saw it on such one with perforated "cover"), but if it's a regular or a lifted, I think that it wouldn't look as good, and it wouldn't be practical, as you'll be touching it with your feet, thus scratching it or burning your skin :P , as you said that "it would be rite below the doors". But if it would be behind the end of doors (as in your attached picture), it might be ok, but will look less beautiful.
And I think that you need to keep in mind that if you're an offroader, it will get pretty scratched and damaged by flying stones and things...

Quick Reply: Dual Side Exit?