Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:55 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Duals

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

I had em on 3 vehicles so far and I had the same result with all 3, the hemi ram....it got its 40 series replaced with a dynomax bullet, sounds like a hemi finally. The SS LS1..it got an SLP loudmouth after I ripped the 40 series off of that, and I put duals on my 420hp 355sbc equipped camino i got the 40 series....3 weeks later I got bullets for it, it made a bunch of noise that is signature to flowmaster and thats it, I ran quicker without the slowmasters then with them, but again its personal choice, like with becool crap. And my pipe diameters were all 3"

If they are so crappy, then why did you waste the money to put them on three different vehicles?

Old 09-30-2006, 11:11 PM
winterride is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe he kept putting the same muffler that he bought on the differnt cars he was getting. that way he didnt have to buy another one. But then he didnt like the way it sounded so he threw the muffler in the back of the garage and bought something differnt. If that is the case, then maybe the muffler that he bought was bad and thats why is sounded so bad? I think maybe i have too much time on my hands.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

flows don't flow. Thats why you don't see them on track cars. F-body owners hate them especially because the 70 or 80 series or w/e they make for that car is absolute dirt. My neighbor has 95 t/a gt had the flow for less than a month and then put a loudmouth on it.

And, to be honest, a single exhaust is cheaper, easier, and just as, if not more efficient than duals. I have heard a 4.3L with true duals and it sounded like absolute crap. Ever heard a 3 cylinder motor run? Not a pretty sound. Now put two 3 cylinders side by side. Still not good. Now nothing beats the sound of dual exhaust on a v8, but a v6 just doesn't sound good IMO.
Were they running an h or x pipe? Probably not thats the point of an h or an x is to even the exhaust out and not create the 2 3cyl motor sound. I've heard 4.3s with heads x pipe and 2 bullets dumpes right in front of the wheels and it sounded great.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

what about magnaflow? How do they do? recommendation or no. I'm still thinkin before i run out and get a new exhaust. Hear too many flowmasters, liked magnaflow sound on a buddy's 5.3, what are bullets exactly?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

bullets are just resonators. Larger peice of pipe inline. I'm personally not a fan of the magnaflow behind the 4.3 my buddy has a 98 blaze and put a 14" magnaflow on it and it sounds like dirt. Though I can't really say too much as mine leaks like a sieve right now and sounds horrible.