Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dynomax 17366 Cat Back does NOT fit 2dr.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member
MrMopar+GM is on a distinguished road
Default Dynomax 17366 Cat Back does NOT fit 2dr.

The Dynomax 17366 is a nice little cat back, in particular at $125 at Summit with a $75 rebate from Dynomax.

But, 2 Door owners beware, this system WILL NOT fit on a 2 Door Blazer. It is not as simple as shortening the tail pipe either.

The distance between the frame rails on the 2 Door narrows in the area of the muffler, where it is still running straight on a 4 Door.

Because of this, the muffler is too wide, and will be right against the passenger frame rail (within 1/4").

Also the tail pipe routing is different, the supplied pipe for the 4 Door runs over the axle and outside the rear shock, where the 2 Door pipe runs over the axle and inside the rear shock then crosses over.

Some web sites state that the system fits both 2 Door and 4 Door, and in details for the tail pipe only, it does not specify 2 Door or 4 Door.

I bought the system because it was the best value for me to replace the remainder of my exhaust system, and did not notice the differences until I had cut off the old system!

Fortunately, I have a shop where I fabricate turbocharger tubing, so I have the ability to cut/weld/modify.

So I am sectioning the tail pipe to get the correct routing, and the muffler had to be rotated slightly to give clearance at the frame rail. But I will make it fit, where the normal owner would have a huge problem trying to fit it on a 2 Door.

Odd that they do not make a system for the 2 Door.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I have yet to find a kit from any of the more performance oriented exhaust companies that show any love towards the 2 door's.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Gibson makes exhaust systems for 2 door blazers.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Beginning Member

Yes, I saw where Gibson lists an application for the 2 Door, but aluminized steel was close to $350, and stainless was close to $450. I am sure part of the issue is that on the 2 door, the tailpipe routing is tight, and it does not appear that one can be bent easily using a normal mandrel bender.

On my bender which is typical, it requires 4" minimum between the bend tangents on each bend. in several places on the tailpipe I hand fabricated yesterday, there were bends to close together to be made as a single piece of tubing on a bender.

Ther 4 door tailpipe had adequate distance between the bends.

The original tail pipe on the 2 door appears to be hydroformed which does not require the distance between the bends, but generally only OEM manufacturers have such equipment as it is very very expensive.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Interceptor9C1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an old thread, but figured id try anyway. Do you have any pics of what you had to do to the axle pipe?

I just bought the kit for my girls 03 Xtreme, not realizing it was for 4 door only. I can cut, section and weld pipe if need be, but if it needs to be re-bent im screwed

Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Interceptor9C1
I know this is an old thread, but figured id try anyway. Do you have any pics of what you had to do to the axle pipe?

I just bought the kit for my girls 03 Xtreme, not realizing it was for 4 door only. I can cut, section and weld pipe if need be, but if it needs to be re-bent im screwed
I will see if I have pics, but I had to use a couple odd bends, section it to make it a two pipe section, use a torque tite clamp, and make a new hanger. Took some work for sure, I think I used like five bends to make it.