Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Diamater

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 06:46 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exhaust Diamater

What is the diamater of the exhaust pipes, i want to order a new muffler because mine has a hole in it, and i dont know what the diameter is, i know i should just measure it, but im at the computer and figured u guys would know

Old 10-22-2007 | 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Exhaust Diamater

Tailpipe is 2", pretty sure everything from exhaust manifolds to muffler is 2.25" though. And I'm at the computer and ran outside real quick...[sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 10-22-2007 | 06:56 PM

so should i buy a 2" inlet/outlet muffler, im looking at the trush or cherrybomb glasspack.

alsomy apartment parking lot is across the street. but thanks, i appreciate you doing that...

Old 10-22-2007 | 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Just bustin' your b*lls...Honestly I couldn't tell you. The only thing I know for sure is that the tailpipe is 2". Just give it a little bit and I'm sure one of the many members on here that has modified their exhaust will be able to tell you for sure.

Old 10-22-2007 | 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

im pretty sure its 2.25 but im thinking that either the inlet or outlet is offset, not sure which one

Old 10-22-2007 | 07:32 PM

Would it matter with the glass pack mufflers, they're just straight pipes, but and i think im going to leave it open at the end of the muffle or just turn it out before the back wheel?

Old 10-23-2007 | 01:22 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly would not suggest cherry bombs. They are probably too loud and not only that but I believe you can get better gains out of a good muffler. IE flowmaster, magnaflow etc

I believe there have been some posts around here already that state that cherry bombs are not ideal for gaining more power.

Old 10-23-2007 | 01:43 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

your best bet is to go with a flowmaster 40 series it sounds so nice on the blazer and yea i believe its 2.25 diameter

Old 10-23-2007 | 04:41 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I thought the tail pipe was 2.25 and the rest of the piping is 2.5"

The muffler I put on (which I love the sound, and brought my mileage back up to what it was before I put the bigger tires and brushguard on...) is 2.5" inlet and outlet... and the exhaust guy had to mod the tailpipe/tip to fit... but not the inlet...

Might be different for another year, I suppose... mines a 2005...

Old 10-23-2007 | 04:47 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

i dont think there is much of a difference throughout the years for the 4.3 i know there is but i don't think its much don't know what the difference's are but i don't think there is much what muffler you got on your drperry?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Diamater