Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 AM
vicskim1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: flowmaster

0o0o my bad..thanks for the help im ordering my muffler tonight and most likely will have it on by the weekend ill post sound clip(if possible)..thanx again..

Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Alright cool.I'd love to hear it when you get it on.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

I have dyno results...

Looks like you most likely found that off Flowmasters website. I still doubt that. Everything I have seen(this was on 4th gen Fbodies) compareing Magnaflow and Flowmast has shown Magnaflow the clear winner.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds good, I am not sure which Flowmaster I am going to go with yet but I will be definataly be getting a 40 series probably super but maybe the delta. Just waiting for money to come in and for me to be at home instead of school.

-Lenny

Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I have a super 40 on my blazer.... I can get a sound clip if you would like....

Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

That would be great, then I can compare the 3 different mufflers.

-Lenny

Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGNAL:BLK85
Looks like you most likely found that off Flowmasters website. I still doubt that. Everything I have seen(this was on 4th gen Fbodies) compareing Magnaflow and Flowmast has shown Magnaflow the clear winner.
No that was actually from a neutral resourse.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
NickyT88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to Lane Automotive awhile back looking for the super 40 and after they told me it would be around 90 bucks I decided maybe to wait. But then he told me how flowmaster was losing patents on the 40 series and that Dynomax came out with a new one called the Thrush muffler. I found that it was a great buy, it was only around 35 and it sounds pretty darn close, they have sound clips on their site. http://www.thrushexhaust.com/But I don't think I'll be putting their sticker on my bumper anytime soon... [8D]

Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: NickyT88
But then he told me how flowmaster was losing patents on the 40 series and that Dynomax came out with a new one called the Thrush muffler.
Ehhh, I don't think I'd call it 'new'. I put Thrush brand (same bird's head logo) glass packs on my Plymouth RoadRunner back in 1970. You could drop an egg through them, loud as hell, and got more than one ticket for noise.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran

Thrush has quite possibly been around longer than Flowmaster. Flowmaster did have patents on the 40 series delta that had to be renewed, but never LOST them.

Quick Reply: flowmaster