Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flowmaster question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 PM
cameronp29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flowmaster question?

my brother gave me 2 flowmaster 40 series. i was just wondering if i pay a muffler shop to just cut out my old muffler and put the flowmaster in. will this sound alright?? can you do this??

Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: flowmaster question?

yeah that would work out fine. you just have to make sure that the inlet and outlet of the flowmaster is in the right place for a blazer. While your at it, you might want to think about a cat back exhaust. I only paid 50 bucks to have them weld in my flowmaster (kind of a rip off for one weld i guess), but i cant imagine that it would cost much more than that.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

it posted twice, sorry.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:18 PM

what do you mean by i ight wanna try a catback?? does this mean get new pipes from the flowmaster to the back.??

Old 09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You'll want to go ahead and replace the pipe from the muffler back. It won't sound and run like you want it without upgrading to 2.5 inch pipe.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:02 PM

so when i bring my truck and the flowmaster to the muffler shop i just tell him to put the flowmaster muffler on and put 2.5in pipe going to the back right?? how much should this cost me?? in case the guy tells me some rediculous price i wanna know what i should be expecting around.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

yeah that would work out fine. you just have to make sure that the inlet and outlet of the flowmaster is in the right place for a blazer. While your at it, you might want to think about a cat back exhaust. I only paid 50 bucks to have them weld in my flowmaster (kind of a rip off for one weld i guess), but i cant imagine that it would cost much more than that.

Most shops have a $40 rack fee, the weld if the shops hold the same rules there only costed you $10.

I wouldnt put a flowmaster let alone a 40 series on a stock engine...especially with a cat on it.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:14 AM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

depends if you get a stainless tip, those can get expensive

Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

I wouldnt put a flowmaster let alone a 40 series on a stock engine...especially with a cat on it.
can you explain why not??

Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: cameronp29

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

can you explain why not??
Probably just his personal choice, lots of folks here have done it.

Quick Reply: flowmaster question?