Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

lol flowbastards^^^ yall are NOT any help when it comes to choosing a muffler!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Ucedwhut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Flowmaster Vs. Magnaflow

I've had flowmaster on both my vehicles. My Isuzu and my Blazer. And my Dad hasalso had two vehicles with them on them. And we're talking about a man who used to have70 Dodge Charger, 65 Belvedere (souped up), and many more.......and he swears by the sound of the Flowmaster. Butto be honest I actually felt a gain in the Isuzu because of the fact (Ibelieve)that I cut off the catalytic converter. Plus shortly after that I ended up boring out the engine and rebuilding it. That also helped ot of course. And I recently put on a 40 series Flowmaster (same kind as on my Isuzu P'up) on the Blazer. I didn't notice any gains like on the P'up. Actually I had the cat taken off and it seemed (to me) like it lost horsepower. And as previously stated up above, I beieve that it would have eventually burned out my vavles because it was running rich/ poorly, smoking and idling higher that usual. But all in all I still like the Flowmaster. Because it has a better sound. I've heard the Magnaflow and Dynomax but compared to my vehicles they always agree that mine sounds better. And these are my friends.True story. And let's face it. We have blazers here. Not old muscle cars. You aint gonna get a lot of speed (without heavy mods) out of a family vehicle anyway. That's why I strive for sound not speed. It's overrated, lol.