Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Headers what do you think swart

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:58 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headers what do you think swart

truckperformance.com

Old 11-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Default RE: Headers what do you think swart

ebay
What about these. The only thing I am not sure of is if my Blazer has a EGR or not.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok man... Let it go! NOW! This is getting old really freakin' quick all this calling me out bull crap!

Just ask a simple question without personal stabs each freakin' time. I take it as a personal stab even when you call me out like this in the thread title.

Headers have been proven to restore some lost high end horsepower over the cast manifolds. Most will require atleast custom downpipes, but those look like some nice shorties that bolt right up. Now they won't show the full gains of a full length primary header, but still less restrictive than stock. To show the full advertised performance increase, it really needs to be accompanied by a less restrictive exhaust.

Now, you're Blazer has an EGR system and, IIRC, I believe it has an air injection system. I haven't paid all that much attention to how & where the EGR gets its source, but your EGR valve is located smack-dab in the front-middle of the intake manifold. Its about the size of a soda (possibly pop or soda-pop depending on your local slang) can.

Good Luck

*EDIT* - Oh yeah. If it were me, I'd go with the JBA's

Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and will a kind mod please CUT DOWN the length of his freakin' links. When I have to side scroll on a 1600x1200 res monitor with Firefox in full window mode, that is sad.

Pretty Please m00n!!! ivannj, you could cut down on the length of those links by using the hidden url tag
It must have the 'http://' after the '=' and before the address to work.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Done.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Thanks m00n, You're the GREATEST!

Old 11-30-2005, 03:03 PM

No offense to the name of the thread swart just that you and me are almost on al the time so why not but as far as the header, It says the headers will fit only if the blazer has no egr so what can I do?

Old 11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Well, you also have an air injection pump to deal with. I'm not sure if it is manifold air injection or not, but the JBAs state that it will not work with a manifold air injection and I'm sure that if the OBX headers say they won't work with EGR systems, that it probably doesn't have any provisions for air injection either...

I would contact the manufacturer of the headers to get a concise answer.