Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I don't think this would work but I'll ask...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 AM
panthersfan101 is on a distinguished road

wow that turned into a heated debate... but why criticize someone for ASKING about a form of a heat shield. he was just wondering. and as for that 20 year mechanic, you shouldn't be using your "knowledge" to prove us wrong you should do it to help us out. FYI.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

Nothing heated about it, I posted up facts, folks choose to ignore them, Not my problem. I keep using what works. If you like it, Use it. but don't complain when you ask for opinions and get one that is different than what you want to hear.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I posted facts too, and I love how you ignored what both myself and Speterson and Giod said about how most people who have the MAF issues over-oil or put it on without letting it dry. Those are the minority btw. As for your "I've worked on cars for 20 years, I know everything" attitude- just because you've been doing something for X years, doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

By the way:

Originally Posted by 04CVLXsport
CIA's are a waste.
Never said CIA's didn't give an increase in HP
You contradict yourself.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Originally Posted by giod
I'm gonna go ahead and give the troll a snack.
Sometimes... It pays to listen to the Admin...

And Phil, if you didn't see my opinion earlier here it is again lmao:

"I don't see that shield working all that great... Typical heat shields form an "area" that is secluded from the engine in an effort to keep the air cool... I don't see that happening with this one. If you want to see my setup just click on my signature for my Cardomain page."

I motion to kill the whole CAI debate now btw... before feelings get hurt and reputations stained. Nobody REALLY wins in online pissing matches... woopty ****, you told him... who is HIM anyway? And who really cares? We all have an opinion on what works and what doesn't, in some cases things work, others...

I'm one who noticed a slight increase in low-end power and throttle response, and a few mpgs, nothing major and that's why I didn't spend 300 dollars for a tube with a fancy filter on the end. I'm going to finish up the intake properly this summer and I may end up spending a max of 150 bucks, the most expensive part was the $70.00 K&N filter. When I go to sell my Blazer some 16 year old kid will drool over that intake and that's great.

Last edited by oktain; 02-08-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Honestly your response is what further made up my mind on that it would not work as a heat shield. Your response was the type I was looking for, not an ignorant one just saying "CAIs are a waste". I was looking for WHY that shield would or wouldn't work. Thanks for the responses everyone, I got my answer, and I apologize for feeding the troll Kyle. If yall want to lock this thread now that my question has been resolved feel free to.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 AM

If you want it, buy it, the computer learns the little bit of extra airflo and adapts for it thereby negating the fact that you added it. if you added enough air to make a true differance you would need a new tune due to the fact the airflow peramiters are out of range for the computer to adjust the extra fuel for it . So you will get some extra power , but it doesn't last, and the extra dirt doesn't make any gain no matter how small worth it. take it or leave it, I was only offering up facts , you had no proof, that is why I ignored the so called facts you had, the fact you are a mod doesn't make you an expert, I know I am not one.but I have been around long enough to let others make the mistakes with new poroducts that seem to good to be true before I beleive em. I'm done .

Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you want it, buy it, the computer learns the little bit of extra airflo and adapts for it thereby negating the fact that you added it. if you added enough air to make a true differance you would need a new tune due to the fact the airflow peramiters are out of range for the computer to adjust the extra fuel for it . So you will get some extra power , but it doesn't last, and the extra dirt doesn't make any gain no matter how small worth it. take it or leave it, I was only offering up facts , you had no proof, that is why I ignored the so called facts you had, the fact you are a mod doesn't make you an expert, I know I am not one.but I have been around long enough to let others make the mistakes with new poroducts that seem to good to be true before I beleive em. I'm done .
You couldn't be further from the truth. A motor is basically an air pump. Any decrease in restriction in getting air into and/or out of an engine will increase its efficiency. The computer will account for the lower restriction in the intake, that is for sure, but to say that it is negated by the computer shows how little you understand what goes on in an engine and what it takes to control it.

And what exactly is new about K&N air filters?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 AM

OK yes you are right, I am wrong, we are done.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

back on subject here......

im imagining that paired with a k&n or homemade heat sheild
that way you have heat protection from all sides except the from and bottom, where all the cold air is
plus it looks cool

Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevo
back on subject here......

im imagining that paired with a k&n or homemade heat sheild
that way you have heat protection from all sides except the from and bottom, where all the cold air is
plus it looks cool
Well a K&N heatsheild is sealed to the hood is it not. So your really not doing anything with it. Just a cash grab from people un-educated and people who aren't part of the greatest forum ever and can ask about it.

Quick Reply: I don't think this would work but I'll ask...