Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ideas for CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
reytx1 is on a distinguished road
Default Ideas for CAI?

Ok so a freind of mine gave me a cold air intake that used to be on his dodge neon srt-4, he doesnt have the car anymore so he said to do what i want with it so i posted it on craigslist for 40 bucks but i have no hits yet.

And I was thinking why not try to make it fit my blazer? (2001 2wd 2door chevy blazer.)

Anyways here is a pic of the intake, let me know if any of you have any ideas before i start cutting away lol

more pictures..............

Last edited by reytx1; 01-28-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: pictures were deleted for some odd reason
Old 01-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

How big of diameter is that piping? Looks really small but the picture could be deceiving.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Phil
How big of diameter is that piping? Looks really small but the picture could be deceiving.
well actually there are two different sizes, the small elbow(which can be take off) is 2 1/2''

And the main part of the tubing is 3"

Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i'll take a picture tomorrow of my k&n on my blazer, that way you can get an idea of what its going to have to look like+ your going to need someway to connect it to the throttle body. i'd take the pic. now but its dark here

Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i'd bet that if you got2 more couplers you could saw off that 3" tube and make it accept the MAF in the middle, then hack off the rest and lose the 2.5" stuff. get a pice of flexible tubing at napa and connect the back half of the 3" to the plenum via the flexi stuff. Would be no different than the e-bay set ups.... also would have to tap a hole and stuff a rubber plug that could addapt that plastic o2 sesor looking guy behind the MAF...

that and a head shield. sounds like more work than it is, and while you build the shield (after the CAI part is installed) you can run it as a hot air intake with no real problems for a while...

could be a fun project

Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just chop the tube shorter and attach like the airaide system? No need to even modify the MAF just remove the stock air box and slide in the tube.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

well picture uploading isn't working right. i got the pictures for you but i can't upload them. i tried copy and paste and that isn't working either.
just give me your email and i'll send them. really getting tired of this not working.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-29-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
well picture uploading isn't working right. i got the pictures for you but i can't upload them. i tried copy and paste and that isn't working either.
just give me your email and i'll send them. really getting tired of this not working.
Ok thanks my email is rey_contreras2@yahoo.com

The weather is not too good right now to be working on the truck but I will appreciate the pics so when the cold front leaves i will be able to start on it.

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

sent email

Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
sent email
I received your pictures and i have one question, is this part stock? i'm only asking because mine looks a little different.

if it is, then basically you just ran a shot tubing from the headlight to your maf?

Quick Reply: Ideas for CAI?