Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Illegal Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Illegal Exhaust?

1967 that was 40 yrs ago are you kiding me!?!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 AM
fuzzball447 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I really have no room for jokes for I am still a wee baby...

And now for the point of this post: Anyone know any cheap recorders so I can record the sound of the exhaust to post it online? My dig. camera had the function but I blew it out at one too many concerts...

Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

Noise is all in how you act. If you go revving it up all the time and horseplay and draw large amounts of attention then you might have to worry but if you take it easy around town for the most part other than the occasional goofing off you should be fine with the tip hanging out. Just be consciouse (sp) of what your doing and you will be fine. the laws for exhaust for PA are like in NY state it is at the discration (sp) of the cop. Give him attitude and your asking for trouble mind your p's and q's and you will be fine. Above all be polite if ya get pulled over. Allot better than cocking attitude towards the officer and 9 times out of 10 you may just get a warning depending on how severe it is. I mind what I do and stay out of trouble and I've seen my share of ppl in my town get harrassed about there exhaust and they basically have the same thing as me. on my car just a fart can from autozone. The blazer has a turbo muffler on it with some minor exhaust leaks right now hoping to get fixed up. Or buy all new pipe and a hi-flow car and bend my own exhaust from the head back. But manual pipe benders are a pita!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 AM

WOOT!!!
So got the exhaust put on today and it sounds delicious... Also had the y-pipe modded a little, I'll try and get a clip of it up on youtube as soon as I figure out how to...

Old 03-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in aurora, co and i ran open headers on my z28 camaro for a while never had ne trouble but i always tired to keep it quiet around cops. i think the only way you would get a ticket for it is if it was WAY loud.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

And open headers aren't way loud?

Old 03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
blazinlow07 is an unknown quantity at this point

in co the cops suck lol i lived there before i joined the airforce. but yes they are givin out alot more tickets out cus of the street racing that is going on. where u at in co and what shop did u take it to. well good luck with cops lol i know they got me for like 500 in like a week on bs stuff.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:05 AM

Was up in Golden for a while but I'm back in the springs now, I got it done at a pretty small shop called Muffler Masters. And he ain't lyin about the cops not being so great. I worked at subway about a year ago and we were robbed and after pressing the panic button it took 45 minutes for them to arrive. The funny part is is that a new station had opened up about a mile down the road... But whatever

And not sure if I should start a new thread but have anyt of all heard anything about dented y-pipes? Once the blazer was up on the lift he showed me the y-pipe and it was about 1/4" dented on the top side of it. JUst curious if anyone else has seen this.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:40 AM
x56sb is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in IL and there is no law to have to have mufflers. just have to have a cat

Old 03-15-2007, 01:07 AM
5.7Lblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

they dont care in warner robins,HA suppose to have a cat but they dont check

Quick Reply: Illegal Exhaust?