Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road
Default Intake

Alright, so how many of your guys have modded your intake? I'm looking at maybe getting an ebay cone filter (I'll have to take some measurements first to see what I can fit, but bigger = better, right?). These are only 20 bucks, so I wouldnt be too disappointed if I didn't like it.

I also just recently read about "swissing" the stock bottom air box. While this wasn't my intention to begin with, I was going to take the riveted protrusion off the bottom of the box.

Now I know that stock everything is tuned to take in X amount and put out X amount, and if I adjust the intake to Y I'm still putting out X at the exhaust. Are the intake gains worth additional modifications to the exhaust? I'm thinking about getting a Cherry Bomb soon. I just don't want to hack up my stock airbox, because over the winter I'm going to switch back. The vortec just sounds like it's that 87 year old aunt that smokes 3 packs a day since the day she turned 14.

Also, off topic slightly, does anyone have a detailed removal process of the throttle body I can refer to? I've searched but nothing really comes up except the throttle blade mod. EDIT: I found the Throttle Body Removal steps . I've saved them just in case.

Last edited by Badco; 09-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.