Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Black95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: intake mods

or you could just get something like what is posted in my link. man its always good practice to check ebay first! lol, it may not be a k&n but fo rthe cost i am sure you wouldnt mind. you could always add the k&n filter later and just use the piping from this one

eBay 96-04 S10 Blazer 4.3L CAI

Old 07-08-2006, 04:06 PM
pcvfd12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good.....do you have one? If so how well does it work?

Old 07-08-2006, 07:27 PM

no i do not have one because my truck is a 95 so it wont work with mine. however, if you want to mod your intake to take in more air this will certainly do it. will the filter flow as much as a K&N i am not sure but you are paying a fraction of the cost you would be spending on the K&N. so to me it would be worth it. especially if down the road you want the K&N you could use this piping, like i said. i am sure that the piping i showed you with a K&N will work just as good as the K&N kit that sells for 300 dollars. unless K&N uses some special intake grease to reduce friction inside the intake!

Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

hey swart what about running an aftermarket MAF with a CAI. would that help any?
AFTERMARKET MAF IS A WASTE OF MONEY- even running 12psi i will still run the stock maf. it flows good enough 2 350hp. and the aftermarket ones are crap.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:57 AM

Black....not sure about the grease but I'm sure the K&N has some form of a seal to help bring in outside air and not engine compartment air. I'm gonna look into this a little more. Thanks!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:33 PM

dude you know the grease thing was a joke right?

Old 07-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Yeah I kinda thought that but you never know what people will try to tell you about vehicles. I'm not completely up to speed on the technology in the auto world either so I would hate to call someone out and be made to look like a fool. Glad to know you were joking!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 PM
flowmasta is an unknown quantity at this point

ight so my brothers telling me that a short ram cold air intake does almost nothing as compared to a cold air intake with the inlet in the valence because the short ram CAI is close to the engine and after the engine warms up the air is heated, and that the valence inlet is the better choice, does he have a point

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, right off the bat, if you have a filter open to underhood temp air, that is hurting you more than any increase in flow will help. A true CAI will out perform a filter on the TB in any instance (all external sheet metal installed and unaltered). The colder the air, the more dense, and the more potential to make power.

With my supercharged Bonneville, I can tell the difference between an 70*F day and an 90*F day. There is a remarkable difference. So if 20*F has an impact, imagine the difference between outside temp and underhood temp. Let me give you some #'s. I just took a test drive with my Bravada. The intake duct work was 127*F on the outside (measured via infrared thermometer) with an ambient air temperature of 76*F. HUGE difference and would make for a very noticeable performance difference s/c or n/a.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya know you could always try a Tornado Fuel saver. I know a lot of people say that they don't work but I installed one and actually had some decent luck with it. It did increase mileage a little bit 1-2 mpg. And my blazer does feel a little more powerful now. Plus it added a little bit of a bubbling noise to the exhaust (sounds pretty nice) The only thing I would worry about is making sure that your after market intake has the same size piping as stock or it won't fit in that one. But hey for $70 you actually get some pretty decent results.

Quick Reply: intake mods