Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Just ordered my Dynomax Super Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Kenton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Just ordered my Dynomax Super Turbo

I was kind of figuring it would after it gets broke in. I am actually hoping it will get a little louder. Can really hear to much of a difference right now!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeap---oh and dont worry if it sounds real "tinny" around 3000RPM then just swing by your local Canadian Tire Equivalent and pick up a 3"x16" tip and toss it on---I have an even lower rumble now and the "tin sound" is 99% gone---going to bigger post muffler tubing to augment the tip (that and finish off my full stainless exhaust plans--minus headers of course)
[8D]

Old 11-20-2006, 04:13 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: a_tack

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1381771653 thats mine if thats what u meant. . .

Wow, I was thinking about getting the flowmaster 40 series put on my Blazer, but I don't think that one really sounds all that great. No offense

Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

you wont get an earth shattering and great rumble out of a single inlet single outlet muffler....lol i mainly got mine for the gas mileage..... but whatever u think dude. . . . . don't plan on great sound out of a blazer anyways... i've never heard good sounding exhaust on one of these motors. . . even duals sound like poo

btw... exhaust takes a couple of weeks to break in.... that vid was taken about an hour after the muffler was put on.... just havent posted the new one yet... been busy (4 funerals + school)....... ill post one of what it sounds like now... whole different ball game....
I personally think the flowmaster sounds like pure sh*t for a few weeks... then it still isnt all that great.... but between the muffler and the K&N filter I get 26-28 HWY MPG..... i recorded 23 with just the filter, so the muffler got me and extra 3 MPG,

ALSO.... if I cared about what you thought about it.... I would have definitely tracked you down and asked your opinion before I bought it... but I didn't so I guess I dont give two craps.....

Old 11-27-2006, 06:35 PM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I was just saying it did not sound all that good. I was not trying to offend you hence "no offense". Let me hear what it sounds like now, maybe it is better.

But then again what does it matter what I think, as long as you like it. No reason to get all offended about it.

[sm=smiley20.gif] On the gas mileage.