Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Lets hear them exhausts!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

bump for exhausts!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I put this on another forum. A guy wanted to have a better sound for a V6. Most said make it a V8, swap it out & 1 person said get a supercharger. (not me btw lol)
So I posted this link to my blazer on the dyno. Ehhhh not the greatest exhaust sound because it's muffled by the tires & supercharger & it didn't have the cam that's installed now, but I think it's not raspy/fart cannon sounding.
It's the stock manifolds into a (non existant) pre cat & a high flow cat to a single in/ dual out ProFlo muffler & revving to 5200rpm.

Revving or reving... should have two V's in english but it doesn't look right. I have to ask my GF lol

'02 supercharged Blazer dual exhaust - YouTube

Last edited by Rottidog; 05-16-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
revving to 5200rpm
That would scare me lol. I dont like even letting mine get to 4500

Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

mine dont even go over 3000 3500 around there lol

I love the sound of the turbo *droolz*

Old 05-17-2012, 12:25 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Supercharger**

lol

Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hey its a turbo for me Im a diesel fanatic ... lol

Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yeah, I've always liked diesels better too Gio. But I occasionally take it up to 4k-4500rpms. I believe in the philosophy of "blowing it out." Either going 75 to 80 mph on the highway or laying the lumber in the city. Either way helps get the carbon out. But like I said this is all occasional. I've only seen the blaze go up to near redline or 5k rpms very few times. I can count on 1 hand how many times there. But I do love to hear my exhaust and let people "hear my exhaust" as well lol. I think some people either hate it cause it's kind of loud, 'mire it because it is kind of loud (and deep), or want to race me. But heck, I don't race because obviously I don't want to roll the truck or get a ticket. My blazer weighs around 5600 to 5700 pounds with just me in it. That's as much as an F150!!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Tibby, that's also known as an Italian Tune Up... engines are made to go up to the redline & doing that every now n then does help blow the carbon out. Many have said in here that vehicles they've gotten from "old people" that have babied the vehicles usually run like crap until they give it some good highway speeds & revs.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Tibby, that's also known as an Italian Tune Up... engines are made to go up to the redline & doing that every now n then does help blow the carbon out. Many have said in here that vehicles they've gotten from "old people" that have babied the vehicles usually run like crap until they give it some good highway speeds & revs.
Haha, yeah, an Italian tune up. That's my style then.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Not much of a video, but I decided to test out my blackberry video-making ability anyway.

Blazer ZR2 Super 40 Exhaust - YouTube

The exhaust really does sound a lot different under load than just reving it stationary. Sounds really hollow.

Wanted to show off my tail lights too.

Quick Reply: Lets hear them exhausts!!