Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Matrix air intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Pyrofanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Matrix air intakes?

Hey Guys. Has anyone ever heard of Matrix for cold air intakes? I found one on Summit for 80 bucks and am not sure if its a good brand or not.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
BlackBeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Matrix air intakes?

Hey I saw that intake as well, have you got any response back or heard anymore about them?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Next time you have a question about a specific item, try and include a link to it.

It looks decent enough. Looks a lot like the AEM/Fram air intakes.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I looked ata picture of the AEM bruteforce intake and the matrix intake looks exactlly the same.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
BlackBeast is an unknown quantity at this point

Does one preform better then another?

Old 11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: BlackBeast

Does one preform better then another?
I don't know for sure what type of filter the Matrix one comes with but for that price, I doubt it's an actual AEM filter. AEM and K&N are probably the two best air filter manufacturers but K&N's are oiled while AEM's are dry. IMHO, AEM Brute Force intake is the best intake you can buy for these trucks. It's also one of the most expensive...

I'm sure the Matrix one will work just fine. You can always buy an AEM filter seperately if you want.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i been looking at that matrix one for awhile now, and yes i finally bought it should have it in a few days. should have bought the aem dryflow filter too but didnt think of it at the time. i'll let you know how it is.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

do not buy it. doesnt even have enough connectors to have the maf hooked up. i just emailed the company to see what the hell is going on with it and to tell them what would make a complete kit, cuz they dont what they are doing.